Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety problems

Thanks

Unhappy Anxiety problems

Ok, so I'm having a major problem right now and I hope someone can give me some helpful information about what is happening to me.

I've been a chronic weed smoker for the last 10 years, I would normally smoke between 8-12 joints per day (rather large ones) and feel perfectly fine.

Weed never really caused me any problems apart from the usual demotivation and perhaps lack of ambition.

After performing a quick calculation I estimated I must have smoked somewhere between 20000 to 30000 joints in my life so far.

I recently turned 30 and all of a sudden weed started giving me anxiety problems and panic attacks. It was rather horrible so I decided to try and stop smoking to see if I would feel better. I went cold turkey for about a month and half and the anxiety is now almost gone.

Problem is, I don't really want to stop, I love weed. It's one of life little gift that I enjoy very much and I wish I could smoke responsibly ( a joint per day maybe? ) without having anxiety and panic attacks.

Does anyone ever went through something similar? Is weed now a bad thing for me forever and I can never enjoy it like I used to be?

Thanks in advance!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ArthurDent For This Useful Post:

Spiked (19-03-13)

3. Default

Sounds like you got a strong sativa strain that fucked your head up. I could be wrong tho.

was it something new your dealer gave you. it might be something to look into...

all the best...

Thanks

It's the same locally grown weed I've been smoking all these years. I don't really know which strain it is, but I assume it's sativa.
    Last edited by ArthurDent; 19-03-13 at 05:48 AM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurDent View Post
    It's the same locally grown weed I've been smoking all these years.
    Sorry mate I've no idea, you might be better of growing your own, god knows what there putting in the stuff your buying...

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LBN For This Useful Post:

Butch Roughlove (26-04-13), lapse (18-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,010 Times

I went through a very similar thing as your going through, About 14 months ago i ended up in AandE twice in a week, just like you 12 king sized joints a day, work no problem, driving no problem in fact everything was sweet, one morning woke up shaking uncontrolable, frightened the life out of me, got checked out and everything was fine , Heart ok, X-rays ok, Blood the same, felt like shit, got home and started having these panic attacks, i would be ok and then this like panicky thing would come on for no reason, i could be at work, or sat at traffic lights but it always happened in the morning between 10 and 11 last for a long half hour then i would be alright for the rest of the day, knocked the weed on the head full stop, after 6 months i tried a joint and straight away had a panic attack, now i can have a joint and im ok but me and the mrs share 3 king sized joints aweek, im sure it was the Train wreck i grew outdoor that fucked me up, i do know where your coming from the attacks are fucking horrible, i used to be able to toke with the best and i loved a spliff when i got home from work, im fucked off that i cant toke like i used to but as they say everything in moderation and i made a pig of myself, PM Me if you need to chat, all the best.
    <a href=https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=10866&dateline=1292190185 target=_blank>https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ine=1292190185</a>

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-6-sexy-auto-s

NEVER MIND THE BOLLOCKS HERE'S THE MUFF MEISTER.........

DUCT TAPE
    Turning "No,No,No" Into "Mmm,Mmm,Mmm
    Since 1941

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiked For This Useful Post:

Smokesmanship (09-07-13), Stirruphead (21-06-13)

Thanks

I don't truly know which usually strain it's, there's a chance you're far better of accelerating your own, however i assume it is sativa.

Thanks

Great question first off i would like to say i have the same problem. Its the sativia it screws with ure head for me it always makes me paranoid. If I were you i would smoke some indica such as any kind of kush or Gran Dady Purple works good to relax you. Anything that is 100% indica or close to that such as a 70%indica/30%sativia is great. I stopped smoking sativia because i had the same problem. Hope this helps

Icon Guest

Daft as it sounds I think this is a matter of perception.

If you wake and bake for a good few months then take a break.....Basically when you come back to it your having a whitey but not as you know it, instead now its a different kind of whitey because your mind can recall the heavy stone you used to get.

Its almost you can count your life by the times you are stoned and the times you are clear, so the panic attack twists with your head and the heart starts racing.

This tends to build up in a lot of folks from time to time, Ive witnessed it in my self on a good few times and even though I get the panic attacks I knid of ride with it and accept it as a different kind of whitey, You can simply cane a good few spliffs have a full greeny and take it from there, you will of course then succumb back into the world of waking and baking and been a stoner 24/7

This is why so many folks see weed as a bad thing, its weather or not you can handle this as to weather or not you continue to smoke or not.

Hope that makes sense, Im sure it will to many and im sure many folks will not follow it either, doesnt really matter tbh but for those that can accept it if your having PAs then this may help you resolve them.

The other choice is to go and sit near A&E and have a good few smokes with an understanding stoner for a while till you get your head around it.

ATB
    Icon

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Icon For This Useful Post:

The Cheese Lover (23-07-13), _Whisperer (04-04-13)

Thanks

I once took alot of LSD and suffered a fucking terrifyingly bad trip, the whole time i was on this bad trip i was sucking down bong upon bong to try and "ease my pain" so to speak, it diddnt work and somehow seemed to cause more panic.. Now when the LSD had worn off 2 days later i was trying to have a nice smoke, any smoke i had just sent me straight back to terror and panic for some reason lol, but this went away when i stopped the green for a couple of months, i had to gradually start toking again after that, but looking back on it now i think it was mainly all manifested in my own mind, i think what happened was a whitey that set off the bad trip in the first place, and from then on any time i toked i must have thought it was going to happen again, i dont actually know how i got the feeling to go away, i think it just did by itsself because now i can toke till the sun goes down and i rarely ever whitey unless im drinking lol just chill and take time to think that it could just be down to what you percieve is going to happen after you have your smoke Might work, might not.. But i hope it does
    PS: i suffer terrible anxiety when out and about, when im NOT high.. being high is the only thing that mellows that anxiety out for me now.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,309 Times

The mind works by association, and it's quite possible that when you toke a sativa which is un relaxing and gets the heart going, your mind ties that to the bad trip and sets of anxiety.
    Not a good place to be if you toke to help anxiety... Also, the bad thing with cash croppers, most dealers will crop early meaning you'll be smoking immature trichomes which is also not a good thing.
    Best thing you could do is either as said, grow your own.... or find a dealer that knows what he's growing and get some indica strains, blueberry mixes or afghan, or any indica strain will be better than a sativa strain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast