Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Coco for noobs

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Tbh strider a air pump is no needed or perlite I just use straight coco
    The good thing about the canna coco pro plus is that's its already loose and has mychorriza added to it as well so helps the roots
    Plenty holes in bottom of pot is perfect

sig by ganjaholic

current grow a multi strain bonanza perp run
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d.php?t=129609

[cheisel the one kilo plant
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=99634complete
    kali snapple mother treehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...le-mother-treecomplete
    forum rules please read
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts
    Completeagent orange kali snapple critical kush sweettooth https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-critical-kush
    completehttps://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...lowering-diary

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (02-11-13), greenthumb123 (02-11-13), maenam (27-12-16), She's-a-Lady (10-12-14), WakiiBakii (08-02-14), Wizard_Ovanoz (21-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,022 Times

aye i know the pump certainly isn't needed, but it's not going to do any harm to be bubbling the solution in advance id assume, force of habit from the hydro, i'f im going to be making up big batches of anything i'll always stick and airstone in there

really the pearlite is just there in case i need a bit of filler to top off the pots, i've no particular interest in growing in the stuff
    Strider's Sup Lemon Haze & L.A. Confidential DWC Good...hopefully...2018

SLH & Incredible Bulk DWC Actually good, honest. 2017

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

FACE (02-11-13)

Thanks

I return with questions! (I know this isn't really 'Striders personal hydro questions thread' but they're all rookie questions and I can't think of anywhere better for them :P)

so i've got my seedlings, pots and huge sacks of coco stuffs, do i just plant and fill my pots the same as i would with soil?

does the coco get soaked first or just pot as is?

and roughly what sort of EC/PH should i go be going for from day 1?

also assuming i'm using pretty big pots (18s i think) do i need to water ALL The coco at this stage or just the small but that contains my seedling?

cheers, hopefully get everything planted and a diary started today
    Last edited by Strider; 21-11-13 at 01:52 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FACE View Post
    Tbh strider a air pump is no needed or perlite I just use straight coco
    The good thing about the canna coco pro plus is that's its already loose and has mychorriza added to it as well so helps the roots
    Plenty holes in bottom of pot is perfect
    I totally agree. Coco's an amazing medium, hold water & air perfectly, no need at all to add perlite to coco.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Ovanoz View Post
    I totally agree. Coco's an amazing medium, hold water & air perfectly, no need at all to add perlite to coco.
    Oh i'm totally understanding i don't NEED the pearlite for anything, i'm just using it as inert filler, as i have more pot than coco, and id rather have access to the extra bit of rooting space than leave the pot partially empty

Hmmm...FACE seems to have rumbled my cunning plan of 'dump all my questions in his thread so he feels obligated to answer them' i'll need to think of summat else :P

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Strider For This Useful Post:

FACE (23-11-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 32,237 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Oh i'm totally understanding i don't NEED the pearlite for anything, i'm just using it as inert filler, as i have more pot than coco, and id rather have access to the extra bit of rooting space than leave the pot partially empty

Hmmm...FACE seems to have rumbled my cunning plan of 'dump all my questions in his thread so he feels obligated to answer them' i'll need to think of summat else :P
    Haha am on u strider lol
    No hassle mate anything a can help u with if I can just fire away if a dont no the answer am sure we can find it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FACE For This Useful Post:

Strider (23-11-13)

Thanks

Cheers, just these buggers really to get me properly started

so i've got my seedlings, pots and huge sacks of coco stuffs, do i just plant and fill my pots the same as i would with soil?

does the coco get soaked first or just pot as is?

and roughly what sort of EC/PH should i go be going for from day 1?

also assuming i'm using pretty big pots (18s i think) do i need to water ALL The coco at this stage or just the small but that contains my seedling?

got my seedlings good and ready so likely going to pot today, i'll likely be far more confident when they get established and I know what i'm doing, it's just this awkward infancy stage i'm not sure of because it's a new medium, if im going to mess anything up it'll be here...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

If it's canna pro+ or bcuzz or something similar (high grade loose bagged), then it will be optimal, and won't require soaking to remove salt etc.

However, the coco does need to be damp when potting into. Put some pH'd to 5.8'ish water through it to a little runoff, let it stand for a short time and then pot into it.

You will notice that coco doesn't ever really get saturated and totally waterlogged like soil, the water simply passes through it leaving a roughly 40/60% water to air ratio. Makes it pretty easy to pot into, and the main reason the roots flourish so fast in coco.

Oh, and don't water ALL the coco you've bought, lol. Just use it like you would soil in that respect, starting small and potting up. Don't start your seedlings in 18l pots :S

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

She's-a-Lady (10-12-14), Strider (23-11-13)

Thanks

Rereading your post I think you were going to start the seeds/seedlings in your 18 litre pots. I really don't recommend this. Do you have any seedling pots? I usually start in those tiny seedling pots, then go up to about 2 litre pots then into my final 10 or 11 litres.

Once you get familiar with the medium you will see what I mean. You feed daily pretty much, and flood. You don't care about overwatering, since you remove excess (runoff), leaving the 40/60 ratio.
    Last edited by Azerbanphal; 23-11-13 at 04:01 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

She's-a-Lady (10-12-14)

Thanks

Or are your seedlings already established?? I'm getting confused :S

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

FACE (26-02-14)

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast