Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doubt i'll be buying from Attitude again

Thanks

Default Doubt i'll be buying from Attitude again

After buying my last batch of seeds from the Attitude Seed Bank, i've decided that i will no longer buy from them again.
    Now, i know that they can't be held responsible for the breeders' seeds that they sell on behalf of but the failure rate of the seeds i've had is just ridiculous.

Its been over 18 months since i purchased the seeds and they were stored in a box which was kept in a cool, dark, dry place.
    I purchased a pack of 5 Barney's Farm Blue Cheese & 1 Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk.
    With those i received 2 free seeds which were 1 CH9 Afghan Cheese and 1 Reserva Privada Confidential Cheese.

Out of those seeds that i planted Before i disappeared of the site just over a year or so ago, only 2 (now that memory serves me correctly) had successfully popped.
    4 of the Blue Cheese didn't pop at all and just grew a green'ish like mold over the seed casing, 1 popped but broke its own stem trying to push the seed casing out of the surface of the root riot cube.
    The Pineapple Chunk popped but then keeled over without any obvious reasons why. It was planted at the same time as i popped some other, unknown/unbranded seeds for my brother that ALL 6 of were fine but this Pineapple Chunk just died.

More recently, the two seeds that i planted, the Afghan Confidential cheese, were dropped right into soil.
    After about 6 days, the Afghan had popped and was just coming through the soil.
    As for the Confidential, nothing.
    It did the same as most of the Blue Cheese seeds did which was to turn into a green mold.

Its pretty disappointing the way things have turned out.
    Even though the CH9 Afghan popped and is a vibrant seedling, i can't help but feel vexed that after carefully choosing the seeds i thought would be great, in the end the only one to survive was one i didn't choose.

I suppose all i can do is put it down to experience.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DKD For This Useful Post:

LBN (09-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,327 Times

sozz to here about that mate neva tried attitude myself but i will be keeping this is mind
    ..Time Is Neva Wasted When Your Wasted All The Time..

Dont Forget To Vote In Plant Of The Month

blue-c's-black-rose-x-lemon stinky...finished dec 2012

Stoner's live stoner's die fuck the world lets get high!! pots a plant it grows in the ground
    if god didn't like it it wouldn't be around. so pack a bowl party hard and rock and roll
    to all you prep's who think your cool FUCK YOU!!! bitches stoner's rule

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blue cheese For This Useful Post:

DKD (09-05-13)

Thanks

Its a hard one to justify and Attitude themselves can't be blamed entirely.
    That being said though, to have such a high failure rate isn't great.

At least i got a mug out of it.
    Now i just feel like one. lol

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DKD For This Useful Post:

blue cheese (09-05-13), Fro (09-05-13), HighTokeinYoda (13-05-13), LBN (09-05-13), PlantMatter (09-05-13)

Thanks

I received an order from attitude recently and germ rate was 18/22 from 4 diff breeders. And shipped within a week. Seeds looked small though
    Just my experience.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fro For This Useful Post:

Master Poet Guest

I have got seeds from Attitude in the past and never had a problem with them. Size of the seeds is down to the breeder not the distributor, as for the failure rate, that could be down to you and the conditions or storing the seeds incorrectly. I think the only time you can actually blame the distributor is when delivery goes wrong or wrong items are sent or items damaged because of bad packaging, most of them that I have seen store their seeds well including Attitude.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Master Poet For This Useful Post:

bud_alzir (10-05-13), DKD (09-05-13), G_UNIT (09-05-13), Mr Pothead (09-05-13), PlantMatter (09-05-13), RoYaLqUeEnChEeSe (05-01-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poet View Post
    I have got seeds from Attitude in the past and never had a problem with them. Size of the seeds is down to the breeder not the distributor, as for the failure rate, that could be down to you and the conditions or storing the seeds incorrectly. I think the only time you can actually blame the distributor is when delivery goes wrong or wrong items are sent or items damaged because of bad packaging, most of them that I have seen store their seeds well including Attitude.
    I think it was probably more of a breeder issue to be honest.
    That being said, i did nothing different with any of the seeds back when i first planted the Blue Cheese and Pineapple chunk seeds.
    As i said, they were planted at the same time as the unknown seeds my brother had and they all popped fine.
    Even the freebies i had planted recently had a 50/50 failure rate as only the Afghan popped but the Confidential didn't.

I think the next time i buy seeds, i will buy them just prior to when i need to use them.
    That way, if there are any issues i can try and get them rectified as soon as.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,129 Times

gutted for you mate. i had a similar issue with joint doctors lowryder2 about 4 times from a particular seed bank but not attitude. i then changed to herbies and all is good. good luck with it

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

There's nothing wrong with Attitude Seedbank and they have such quick turnover there are no seeds held long term and the be honest the buck stops at the breeder, not the vendor.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

bud_alzir (10-05-13), djrave (09-05-13), G_UNIT (09-05-13), Hedrush (09-05-13), Mysteri0n (09-05-13), RoYaLqUeEnChEeSe (05-01-14), scrote (10-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,718 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Attitude Seedbank and they have such quick turnover there are no seeds held long term and the be honest the buck stops at the breeder, not the vendor.
    Yup totally agree. I bought 5 big Buddha cheese seeds from attitude and not one sprouted. Was it a breeder or vendor problem? Nope, I put it down to my germinating routine. Ordered 5 more and made sure everything was spot on during the germinating phase and every one of them popped and are growing nicely

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hedrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,380 Times

nothing wrong with attitude, only ever use em and only had one bean that hasnt sprouted. agreed the buck stops with the breeder or your germ method.....

M

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mysteri0n For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast