Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: your thoughts on taking leaves

Thanks

Default your thoughts on taking leaves

This is my first grow and i was just curious about what people think of taking leaves i helped someone with a plant a long time ago and he was taking leaves to let sunlight hit the inside of the plant we only tended to the plant about once a week and the last 2 weeks it was in the ground we didn't do any tending and the plant didn't produce very well at all it was very yellow and buds were tiny plant was about 4 and 1/2 foot tall and produce less than a quarter was this due to taking leaves or not caring for the plant like we should

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

Some swear by it; some swear against it.

It's a matter of preference really.

I've had a range of success, although your plant will not have gone yellow because of your taking leaves off it

TheRealFeanor is my name: And Canna is my nation: Cyber space is my dwelling place: The stars my destination

3. The Following User Says Thank You to TheRealFeanor For This Useful Post:

budhound420 (23-05-13)

Thanks

Yea i think it was just bad care for the plant it was back in the woods on private property and we just didn't do alt of things right so in your opinion would you take leaves yourself

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,127 Times

I'd take fan leaves from the top of the plant - like the colas - to get more light to where it'll be most useful but leave the ones at the bottom.

And don't take too many at once. Do it gradually imo.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheRealFeanor For This Useful Post:

budhound420 (23-05-13), Claymorrow (30-05-13)

Thanks

if its photo period weed then leave it but if its automatic yes let your buds get some light but just take the ones off that's covering your buds and no more than that .

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,113 Times

I like to leave them alone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fieldy For This Useful Post:

CocoMonkey (08-08-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by budhound420 View Post
    This is my first grow and i was just curious about what people think of taking leaves i helped someone with a plant a long time ago and he was taking leaves to let sunlight hit the inside of the plant we only tended to the plant about once a week and the last 2 weeks it was in the ground we didn't do any tending and the plant didn't produce very well at all it was very yellow and buds were tiny plant was about 4 and 1/2 foot tall and produce less than a quarter was this due to taking leaves or not caring for the plant like we should
    myself I wouldn't take off any leaves until its in the budding stage, and then I would only take the ones that are yellowing, only because those leaves [the fan leaves] are no longer needed or being used by the plant. let nature take its course.

Thanks

Your best bet is to tuck the leaves under the bud, by removing them you destroy the plants factory also add newts when leaves discolour as they'll give max benefit from healthy leaves.

stephen07 Guest

MrG Guest

Its too much of a grey area to get a definitive answer mate.

Best thing is to experiment yourself and see what works best for YOU

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MrG For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (08-08-13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast