Thread: bit of info needed please breeding

Thanks

Default bit of info needed please breeding

ok this may be a stupid question but i just wanna check

ok so say i have 4 plants 1 fem and one male ak47 and say 1 fem and one male Blue Cheese then i cross male pollen from ak47 to the blue cheese and the pollen from the blue cheese to the ak47 will this give 2 new strains or just 1 new strain ? and will there be any difference between them or not ?

sorry if this is a bit dumb its just my brain is working over time
    Last edited by justbudz; 24-05-13 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks

Depends, if you are keeping them all in the same groom then each fem will pollinate with both males producing four different strains

Thanks

no the plan is to collect the pollen from the males first then use it on the fems mate use the ak47pollen on the cheese and the cheese pollen on the ak47 what im asking is as both have the same parents will both the crosses be the same or will it make 2 diff crosses
    Last edited by justbudz; 24-05-13 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Quote Originally Posted by justbudz View Post
    no the plan is to collect the pollen from the males first then use it on the fems mate use the ak47pollen on the cheese and the cheese pollen on the ak47 what im asking is as both have the same parents will both the crosses be the same or will it make 2 diff crosses
    They will be the same genetically.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

justbudz (24-05-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    They will be the same genetically.
    thank you mate this is the reply i was looking for so there is no point crossing it both ways thank you

7. The Following User Says Thank You to justbudz For This Useful Post:

Rockster (24-05-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Quote Originally Posted by justbudz View Post
    thank you mate this is the reply i was looking for so there is no point crossing it both ways thank you
    Glad I could help and there is actually a name for a genetic theory that I can't remember the name of but it specifically states that the progeny will be the same whether you use males or females from either strain.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

justbudz (24-05-13)

Thanks

ok mate thanks again for the info will save me wasting my time crossing them both ways

11. The Following User Says Thank You to justbudz For This Useful Post:

Rockster (24-05-13)

Thanks

I Agree they would be the same strain. But they would be different as well as each seed produced would get its particular traits form the traits of the parents involved. so if your male ak 47 is a bushy short plant and your blue cheese mom is the same than the seeds produced would carry both of these traits. But lets say your blue cheese dad is a stretchy plant and your ak mom is a stocky plant then you will get more variations in those seeds. So while your are creating the same strain they could be alot different because of the different traits that each plant have. Just because you have a male plant doesnt mean its good for breeding. Just like there are different pheno types for female plants of the same strain, that holds true for males as well. So the blue cheese mom could be filled with resin which would be a desirable trait for breeding, but your blue cheese dad might be a terrible male plant very few pollen pods, irregular growth, not a desirable smell etc. etc. Lots of variables to consider.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG959765.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	291776 So here is a picture of my male Blueberry. This is the best male plant I have ever grown, and would of never believed it was a male plant during its veg cycle. I thought I had a great blueberry female but to my

surprise what i eneded up with was a male plant with nothing but great traits. Fabulous growth and just look at the size of those pollen sacs. I"m currently letting that male pollinate a blueberry female and also a ghost train haze#1.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to uncleskunkle For This Useful Post:

Killallhumans (23-03-15)