Hey

I just bought one of these for my motorbike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369485971.115047.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	27.0 KB 
ID:	197704
    It says rrp is £40 but I paid £20 on eBay

It's really solid and a good construction, ideal for any of you who are growing outside in a greenhouse or maybe a shed.
    It even came with a pack of 12 batteries worth £4.90
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369486658.246864.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	197705

Here's the write up

Multi-purpose Alarm Padlock

This lock can be used as an Ordinary Padlock unarmed or armed by simply taking out the shackle and inserting it back into the lock the other way round. When the lock is armed, a single beep will be heard.

Kabrus locks are designed with a unique microchip that controls the sensitivity, which ensures no false alarms. There are similar looking Products on the market but none that have this technology built in. The lock has three sensitivity levels LOW-MED-HIGH, which are auto reset.

When it is in alarm mode, if there is any slight wind movement the alarm will not sound, the control unit can recognize tampering and innocent movement i.e. wind conditions, if tampered with, the lock will sound 3 ear piercing bleeps and automatically increase sensitivity, if tampered again within 1-30 seconds just even a slight movement or any foreign metal contact on the shackle will immediately sound a 10 second 110db alarm.. After the 10 second alarm has sounded the lock will be in a high alert state (maximum sensitivity) for 30 seconds and will repeat the 10 second alarm if tampered again and thereafter will drop sensitivity one level at a time after it has sensed no movement for 30 seconds. This unique technology ensures no false alarms,

This Heavy duty innovative padlock is a High Security Multi-purpose locking device with a built-in tamper-proof ALARM SYSTEM. Its uses range far and wide, And the most popular applications seem to be:

• Manufacturing Plants• Hotel
    • Shipping Container• Banks
    • Jewellery Shop• Prisons
    • Arts & Antiques Shop• Used with High Security CHAINS
    • Retail Shops• Secure Roller Shutters
    • Warehouse Security

I've had it for a week so far and it has been really good, the best thing is a 2nd one turned up today in the post that I didn't order and haven't paid for and that one came with a pack of batteries as well so happy days all round

If your looking for a new padlock definitely consider one of these

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vador For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If someone has discovered your grow op, do you really want to be announcing it to everyone else in the area and possibly having the old bill turn up? Probably not.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d-green For This Useful Post:

Fieldy (28-05-13), Muttz (04-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,053 Times

Quote Originally Posted by d-green View Post
    If someone has discovered your grow op, do you really want to be announcing it to everyone else in the area and possibly having the old bill turn up? Probably not.
    Fair comment, thing is the alarm only sounds for 30 seconds at a time,
    Personally if I were trying to secure my greenhouse or outdoor groom I would use one, there's nobody else overlooking my garden though so the chance of it bringing any attention are minimal

Thanks

It still sounds like a really bad idea to me. The entire purpose of an alarm is to draw attention to something and your grow op is really not something you want to draw attention to.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to d-green For This Useful Post:

Vador (01-06-13)

Thanks

Thanks for sharing.. I will be buying this soon.