Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: coco nutrients

jimmi420 Guest

I like to think a microherd can exist in a none organic set up Alzy and even in coco just may not last as long as in a organic set up, why do they innoculate coco with trichoderma or composts that are salt based with added trichoderma and enzymes.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (16-06-13), jumpon (17-06-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,965 Times

I guess its used to discard any bad shit inside it and I guess like dry salt curing meat and fish it stops bacteria forming.

As long as you take care of the medium wouldn't the bacteria take care of itself?

😈

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alzy View Post
    I guess its used to discard any bad shit inside it and I guess like dry salt curing meat and fish it stops bacteria forming.

As long as you take care of the medium wouldn't the bacteria take care of itself?

��
    Fook knows m8, i like to think so.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    I like to think a microherd can exist in a none organic set up Alzy and even in coco just may not last as long as in a organic set up, why do they innoculate coco with trichoderma or composts that are salt based with added trichoderma and enzymes.
    It's true that some beneficial (and bad) bacteria, fungus etc survive in hydroponic substrates, and trichoderma is definitely recommended if your coco isn't already dosed with it. I'm of the opinion that the coco medium isn't complex enough as it were... and the chem based nutrients and flood/frequent feeds also kill off loads. Also I imagine a lot of these microbes etc in the billions that make up the "symbiotic relationship" of a microherd would require organic matter as food etc.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

jumpon (17-06-13)

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Azerbanphal View Post
    It's true that some beneficial (and bad) bacteria, fungus etc survive in hydroponic substrates, and trichoderma is definitely recommended if your coco isn't already dosed with it. I'm of the opinion that the coco medium isn't complex enough as it were... and the chem based nutrients and flood/frequent feeds also kill off loads. Also I imagine a lot of these microbes etc in the billions that make up the "symbiotic relationship" of a microherd would require organic matter as food etc.
    Yes its a kinda a grey area, hit & miss. Cheers m8.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,051 Times

mini-microherd?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Azerbanphal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

I just like to grow nice plants

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B.A. BARACUS View Post
    I just like to grow nice plants
    m8.... really .....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmi420 For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (16-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Digital View Post
    really? you sure? coco?
    soil all the way

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,503 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Alzy View Post

��
    Cant help but think that salt we cure stuff with is different to a nutrient concentration of chemical solids, that we call salt, lol.
    Been busy in life, sorry to have missed so much in the forum.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast