Thread: Breeding with Royal Queen Seeds' sour diesel: good idea or bad?

Thanks

Default Breeding with Royal Queen Seeds' sour diesel: good idea or bad?

I have a sour d seed I got for free from the single seed center and was thinking I could use it to breed. I am hesitant however, because I have heard that Royal Queen Seeds' genetics are poor quality and produce very small yielding plants.

Has anyone ever grown/bred a Royal Queen Seeds strain? Would this be able to co-produce a new strain with good potency?

Thanks

I honestly think its harder to find bad genetics than good nowadays.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

I wouldn't. You literally went through zero selection, you haven't flowered the male out, not to mention it's very hard to tell a high quality male as is, and tell what traits, smells, ect it will posses.

Plus, they aren't known for their SD genetics and in fact I wouldn't go to any Dutch, or european breeder for Diesel genetics. Dr.Greenthumb, maybe CC / Swerve or a handful of other "smaller" West Coast breeders from the States.

Just my honest opinion.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

On the other hand, if you just want to create some free f1 seeds then go for it. Grow 'em out and maybe you'll find a winner you can clone and keep but I'd stick away from RQ's Sour D.

I don't really trust RQ either, similar to GHS. Who knows what's behind it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.UnclePen For This Useful Post:

Claymorrow (16-06-13)