Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Urgent help needed! Orange tiny things on the back of the bottom leaves

Thanks

Default Urgent help needed! Orange tiny things on the back of the bottom leaves

I just saw a greasy thing on my soil covering thing and when i turned the bottom leaves upside down i was shocked... a lot of tiny little creatures were on most of them bottom leaves. i've cut all the bottom leaves that were yellower and non usable but still some remained. What are they ? Spider-mites, aaphids or what ? I've got a blue bottle of neem repel (oil) but i've never used it. How should i use it and how much should i use in addition with water into a folliar spray ? Thank you guys and sorry for opening this new thread but i couldn't find any threads with pics that resemble my pest.... Here they are : Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xxxx.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	201653
    Last edited by mihay444; 12-06-13 at 01:37 PM.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,188 Times

wow, got quite a few there matey ... hopefully someone will come along quick and help ya better.. ive herd of the neem oil but to use on what i cant recall sorry... hope ya get it sorted pal

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Special Branch For This Useful Post:

mihay444 (12-06-13)

Thanks

found this m8... firstly squeeze most of them to kill them then have a look at this,

Re: Clear/orange termite looking bugs/white spots on leaves..pics..Help!
    Go to your local health food store and buy "rosemary extract." Forget SNS-217 as rosemary extract is the only active ingredient in it and it's overpriced. All you have to do is use distilled or RO water 'tap if you dont mind the fluoride neurotoxin' and create a 2% solution (98% H2O and 2% rosemary extract) taken into consideration some extracts also have alcohol 'evaporate before use!' Remember, everything in moderation, that's just life. Find pump spray bottle that has never had anything harmful inside or buy one to put your home made solution in. Now take that bottle and vigorously coat ALL the plants, not just the ones that are infected. The idea is to prevent one single life annoyance from spreading their DNA all over your product. Now watch the solution remove every last drop of moisture 'life' from those critters and flake off like the dandruff they are and it's all natural!
    Life annoyances 'lack of better words, whatever it is it doesn't matter against rosemary' destroy plant cells by sucking out their contents and rosemary extract works by providing a barrier which is harmless to the plant, but fatal to the life annoyances. The natural salts from fatty acids derived from Rosemary extracts disrupt the insect cell structure and permeability of its membranes. Cell contents then leak from compromised cell walls and the life annoyances quickly die. Some of the rosemary extract is also absorbed by the plant and then suppress the life cycle of the life annoyances. Rosemary extract kills the life annoyance's eggs as well by coating the eggs with a oily shield that disrupts the respiration to the egg; therefore no hatching will occur, they will just dry out.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Special Branch For This Useful Post:

Lil Sindigo (12-06-13), mihay444 (12-06-13), OCB (13-06-13), THE DUDE ABIDES (12-06-13)

Thanks

aha thanks mate, i'll have a look into rosemary extract right after i get off work... Ooh, and beside those orange/brown things i also see some white smaller things on all the leaves... i think those are something else.... oh my, it seems i'm very "lucky"... 2 pests at once...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Hi mihay, they look like some kind of aphid to me, squash as many as you can then use the neem oil. The 'white smaller things' could be eggs, check them with a loupe or magnifying glass.

All good things
    TDA

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

mihay444 (12-06-13), Special Branch (12-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mihay444 View Post
    aha thanks mate, i'll have a look into rosemary extract right after i get off work... Ooh, and beside those orange/brown things i also see some white smaller things on all the leaves... i think those are something else.... oh my, it seems i'm very "lucky"... 2 pests at once...
    you should do the lottery this week, lol... that should do the trick by reading it... i only ever got the wee white ones and bought a bottle of BUG CLEAR and sticky fly traps in the corner incase i missed the wee bastards... P.S lift your plant pot of the drainage plate etc, u'll prob find there's loads under the pot.... good luck buddy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Special Branch For This Useful Post:

mihay444 (12-06-13), THE DUDE ABIDES (12-06-13)

Thanks

God damn aphids !!!

Thanks

Thanks you guys, i'll definitely pass the lottery today... Those are aphids alright, i found identically things on startpage under the name of aphids. I'll squash as many as i can, but i don't know how much of neem repel oil should i use and in the mix with what ? i'm afraid not to put too much or too little... Please, anyone that used this neem repel oil before!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,979 Times

Hi again, does it not give the 'dose' on the packet/tub?

I haven't used it myself but I don't think it will harm the plant as long as you're not in flower.

All good things
    TDA

14. The Following User Says Thank You to THE DUDE ABIDES For This Useful Post:

mihay444 (12-06-13)

Thanks

i am in the 3rd week of flowering.... ( by the way, this neem repel stuff i have is from hydrogarden. What other stuff would work against them pesky aphids ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast