Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheapy eBay tent kit

Donkey Rocket Champion! Asteroids 2k3 Champion! Lift Champion! Bunny Grab Champion! Duck Tracker Champion!
    Thanks

Default Cheapy eBay tent kit

Advice wanted or do I just wanna be told that'll be fine!

I wanna get a 1.2 meter tent and stuff to go in it.
    and on fleabay there is a 1.2 m 600 watt with filter kit going for the fair sum of 172ish pounds I had a look at the local hydro stores and to get a tent light and filter from them is gonna cost 400ish pounds Id like to buy local but 1 I ain't got that kinda cash 2 I ain't got that kinda cash and 3 I ain't....you get the picture
    I know the tent won't be the best quality and the carbon filter may not be 100% effective but in the past Iv grown and dried with with as good as diddly squat smell control Idealy I just wanna get 2 grows knocked out and then shut down and start baking. (can't smoke anymore because of my stupid ruined heart and lungs)

Will a Cheapy tent kit suffice for a couple of grows is the question I suppose?

Thanks

Not sure about the tent bud I built a closet but I can tell you don't go cheap on filter you don't want the smell getting out!

Dave-Hester Guest

There's a saying mate, buy cheap.....buy twice..well it's something like that anyway.

You 100% want a decent filter, them kits a crap mate. Save the extra money you need and buy a decent set up.

It will be worth it in the long run.

GnattyDread Guest

I was in your situation a year ago bud. It can be quite overwhelming that's for sure. You're. Aren't gonna get a good set up for that price unless its second hand and that presents a whole new set if difficulties I'd rather avoid.

You need to spend a bit if cash on your tent and filter to start with as these are 2 if the most important security areas. Smell is a big give away and after a while you'll become accustomed to it but a rhino filter won't.

Take your time buying your equipment and enjoy the whole process. I know you just wanna get started but persevere and look for the best prices on EBay, Charlies Hydro, growel, greens horticulture..

I had a budget of 600 and ended up blowing more than double but I wanted silence in my groom for security reasons.

Good luck and let us know what you went with.

Cheers.

Sent from the land of no mites.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,812 Times

yeah i agree completely with these guys mate, dont get me wrong the tent proberly aint half bad
    i bought a ds120 from fleabay for 90 quid which was like 30 quid cheaper than a dr but the build quality does suffer
    other than the tent though all the equiptment will be cheap and not so cheerful, i know its horrible not having the
    money now and you want to get going, but you would kick yaself for not spending the extra couple hundred when
    problems arrive which many ppl who's bought them will say

good luck anyway
    PlantMatter's 600w 4 Strain Grow Diary - Flowering
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ain-Grow-Diary

PlantMatter's Big Buddha Original Cheese Grow - Vegging
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...al-Cheese-Grow

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PlantMatter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PlantMatter View Post
    yeah i agree completely with these guys mate, dont get me wrong the tent proberly aint half bad
    i bought a ds120 from fleabay for 90 quid which was like 30 quid cheaper than a dr but the build quality does suffer
    other than the tent though all the equiptment will be cheap and not so cheerful, i know its horrible not having the
    money now and you want to get going, but you would kick yaself for not spending the extra couple hundred when
    problems arrive which many ppl who's bought them will say

good luck anyway

Thats exactly what I found.
    I got the 1.2m kit and the tent is actually really thick and good solid quality but everything else was crap and iv bought it all over.
    Ballast and bulb still gets used.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Rickster For This Useful Post:

PlantMatter (15-06-13)

Thanks

I ended up spending £500+- and that is for everything from start to finish. But I didnt buy an ec pen, yet. Just a 400w set up with dr90 tent, extractor + rhino filter, all the other fans and pots and ph stuff and nutrients, oh and some good seeds. I would even consider my setup a budget setup for small amount of plants and I tried to buy cheap where i could. bought it all new from retail shops though. Apart from some fan controller from ebay. But I tried setting it up with no extractor fan or filter and that was £300. Then next month i bought extractor and filter and ended up needing all sorts of things i never thought about, water tanks and measuring containers, jugs etc.
    Last edited by sekular; 15-06-13 at 12:10 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sekular For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (19-12-14)

Keeno Guest

my advice is buy seperate, only buy known and tested brands. i didnt when i first started and come flower had to buy new fans filters and more. even if it takes a while to get all you need it is the better option mate.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

My Tent Or Yours (19-12-14), sekular (15-06-13)

Thanks

You can get some cheap 600w light kits. I saw one other day for £60, i spent £100 on a 400w reflector+ballast+lamp and that is cheapest ones i could find at the time.

Keeno Guest

yep lights can come cheap. but things like decent fans and filters are worth there wait in gold.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

CB71 (09-07-14), Special Branch (15-06-13)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast