Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Anybody into rosin?

Thanks

I have been gagging to try concentrates, a dab i really want to try, but being in the uk i cant get hold of any rosin around here.

Debating getting straighteners and squeezing a nug im desperate to try it after watching so many dab vids on youtube...

They sell these hand rosin presses on amazon does anybody know if they are any good or are they only on par with the straighteners method?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075203_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	383231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075152_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	383233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075156_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	383232

I know you can get the nugsmasher presses n juicebox etc but they are all big money and i dont have those kind of funds...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-20), Jingo (18-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,958 Times

Alright man, I like rosin, not used this ^^ been tempted but I reckon I'll hold out for something meatier. Used hair straighteners but never had a lot of success with bud. I usually use kief and press that.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-20), Jingo (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

Thanks

I think i will leave it because im fed up buying cheap cr@p that doesnt really do what its supposed to do!

I'm hoping that concentrates soon become available in my area and i can go from there instead of wasting money and buds to get poor returns! Hate to waste it im far too tight for that!
    Bad gardener
    Good smoker
    Lets change that

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,102 Times

I just use a iron and grease proof paper.get it to temp squish the shit out of it for a few seconds .do that a couple times jobs a Gooden...

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    PiKiT-PaKiT-FiReItUp

JAck/BlUeS Grow 2 plus 4 12/12 from seed - DONEWITH

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mrpukka View Post
    I just use a iron and grease proof paper.get it to temp squish the shit out of it for a few seconds .do that a couple times jobs a Gooden...

How much do you get back out of it weight wise do you know mate?
    Im very curious

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pppass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-20), Jingo (18-05-20), Mrpukka (18-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pppass View Post
    Im very curious
    I'll try that iron trick pukka, pppass its all gonna depend how frosty your bud is/time/temp so he can only give you his experience really. You tube has good budget vids, give you an idea what you may get bk

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-20), Jingo (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

I have been gagging to try concentrates, a dab i really want to try, but being in the uk i cant get hold of any rosin around here.

Debating getting straighteners and squeezing a nug im desperate to try it after watching so many dab vids on youtube...

They sell these hand rosin presses on amazon does anybody know if they are any good or are they only on par with the straighteners method?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075203_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	383231Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075152_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	383233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200518_075156_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	383232

I know you can get the nugsmasher presses n juicebox etc but they are all big money and i dont have those kind of funds...
    I bought one of those when they first came out and mine is junk, if your in the US and want to try it send me a PM.

I ended up buying something more like this, I think I spent a couple hundred dollars in my press might be a little smaller. But I can take a quarter ounce of shake or whatever pack a tightly into a little bag I buy off eBay and then I can press out, with good weed about one and a half grams out of that quarter ounce. They only takes me a few minutes and then I have at least a gram sometimes almost as close as two grams of rosin.

I have some short stuff gorilla glue that was kind of larffy it was all bottom stuff I saved it dry frozen to make some dry ice hash and then I made Rossin and it's been the best stuff that I've had all around. Yields about 1.7 grams per ounce.
    "If science can't be questioned, It's not science anymore"

~Aaron Rogers

"This is not an economic turndown, it is a takedown"

~ Catherin Austin Fitts

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

British green (18-05-20), GEORGE (18-05-20), MrC (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 42,618 Times

About six tons of pressure is all the little bags that I buy can hold before they burst. I don't think you need more than that anyway.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jingo For This Useful Post:

British green (18-05-20), GEORGE (18-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,102 Times

Im very curious
    Not a clue mate but I get a decent return to be honest I've only ever done it with a small bud or two.deffo get good rosin tho! I'm guna do some soon and put it in some jelly mayb.off the smoking a bit latly...trycit out mate I was amazed when I first did it

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrpukka For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-20), pppass (18-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jingo View Post
    I bought one of those when they first came out and mine is junk, if your in the US and want to try it send me a PM.

I ended up buying something more like this, I think I spent a couple hundred dollars in my press might be a little smaller. But I can take a quarter ounce of shake or whatever pack a tightly into a little bag I buy off eBay and then I can press out, with good weed about one and a half grams out of that quarter ounce. They only takes me a few minutes and then I have at least a gram sometimes almost as close as two grams of rosin.

I have some short stuff gorilla glue that was kind of larffy it was all bottom stuff I saved it dry frozen to make some dry ice hash and then I made Rossin and it's been the best stuff that I've had all around. Yields about 1.7 grams per ounce.
    That looks spot on mate, had a look at the site. Not noticed anything, except 1 place, in the UK that sells presses like this. Mostly middle aged men building things in their shed and flogging them on ebay

20. The Following User Says Thank You to MrC For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (18-05-20)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast