Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wine making

Thanks

Default Wine making

Iv looked but can not find a wine making tread if permitted on this forum .

Made a California Viognier in March same time i started growing, had first sample tonight,worth the wait will keep 2 bottles back till next year.Will update

Made a Barolo , Amarone Chillian Malbec Elder-flower and added apple juice non pasteurized. Iill post photos soon have lots and tons of advise as i stopped brewing in 2005 and started again in 2011 stopped and restarted again in 2016 stopped 2018 started again in March so iv got a good knowledge of brewing iv also brewed Cider and Beer.
    I get fed up with it I think because it is to time consuming,
    Then when you can make a Barola for £3 when same quality will cost you 15-30£ in a supermarket. Use the cells in that there brain dude.

Iv got 3 kits brewing and 2 clearing, hot-press works a treat can brew 3 barrels 30 bottle at once Have 120 bottles waiting to drink.I reach a stage at 280-340 and i stop. Overload i guess .

Wine can be made from most veg, nettles that sting makes a nice wine parsnips and the list is endless.. Different wines to require a balance of chemicals Tannin citric acid simple chemicals that we all use.

Ask a question ill answer if i can.

Very important to keep accurate records that goes without saying but we need to be reminded how fragile we really are.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (16-11-20), GEORGE (16-11-20), Jingo (16-11-20), MrC (16-11-20), scoot (08-02-21), Stillmix (16-11-20), Tincandtoke (16-11-20), Valentina (20-11-20)

Thanks

Of course I would like to talk about cannabis infused wine!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tincandtoke For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (16-11-20), GEORGE (16-11-20), scoot (08-02-21)

Thanks

The best of both worlds

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (16-11-20), GEORGE (16-11-20), Tincandtoke (16-11-20)

Thanks

Widely available from brands in USA.
    THC-infused cocktail mixers on California dispensary shelves soon Would it not be nice to see them worldwide, passion fruit and mint. Pineapple and a spiced hibiscus blend.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-20), scoot (08-02-21)

Thanks

The infused syrup I make works well in drinks, killer margaritas
    I was wondering what would be the best process to infuse wine, how to extract and then infuse without upsetting the wine making too much

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tincandtoke For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-20), scoot (08-02-21)

Thanks

Is a Sugar wash thats not been run in a still is basically a wine ?

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stillmix For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (16-11-20), scoot (08-02-21), Tincandtoke (16-11-20)

Thanks

Would be interested in ways of infusing cannabis to wine iv not tried yet but am open to suggestions I suspect it infuses better with whites have looked on net and there are a lot of confusing suggestions online confusing so and-body tried to make.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-11-20), scoot (08-02-21), Tincandtoke (20-11-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stillmix View Post
    Is a Sugar wash thats not been run in a still is basically a wine ?
    It takes time for your sweet mix of sugar water to ferment into an alcohol wash using a turbo yeast, clearing takes time iv used left over wine cleaners to clear. Generally the whole process takes at least 6-8 weeks weeks.
    Can be added to wine to fortify it if i need a fruit wine like a Parsnip that takes at least a year to mature if not 2 years i add my cleared wash.
    So the answer your question Alcohol is alcohol and when added to wine to fortify it yes its wine in its whole.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tincandtoke View Post
    The infused syrup I make works well in drinks, killer margaritas
    I was wondering what would be the best process to infuse wine, how to extract and then infuse without upsetting the wine making too much
    IF you made your syrup from sugar and a turbo yeast you have made a vodka 15=22 proof and this non taste like watered down Vodka, so add to any syrup wine all you are doing is increasing the Alcohol content without upsetting the taste. I personally find the its all in the volume anything over 15% proof tastes a little spirit y so infusing your syrup is a personnel choice. I add to white wines like parsnip, Elderberry not elder-flower elder-flower should no more be 8-10% as it is sparkling later ill give my take on that on made in 2lt empty coke bottles.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Uses for my 2lt plastic coke bottles or what ever pick May to June in a warm day. or use dried elder-flower
    large bucket 30 bottle wine bucket,got to get these free with kits years ago.Have about 10

Add 3 1/2-4 kg granulated white sugar and stir until dissolved i boil the sugar in water to clarify it let cool first and be care full . Add the juice and zest be careful with the zest if you put the white under the zest it imparts a bitter taste, 4 lemons and 1 lime. Add 2 tablespoons cider vinegar. Give the elder-flowers a good shake to remove the small insects
    Leave for a couple of days, then check to see if the natural yeasts on the flowers have started a fermentation at end of 2 weeks depending on temp. Add 2 cups of sugar let it clear the wine in normal way for two weeks then maybe longer a bubble every 30 seconds coming from fer minter tells me it is ready for bottles at this stage fermentation is still active but slowing down add to plastic bottles with a tea spoon of sugar or brown sugar to impart a color tint to wine. It will be a bit cloudy.

The idea is that the fermentation will finish in the bottle, this gives you the fizz. But, elder-flower champagne comes with a warning, ignored at your peril! Depending on the point when you bottle it can be very, very fizzy. and would recommend caution. By far the safest is a plastic fizzy drinks bottle, when the pressure builds up too much you can crack the lid open a bit to release pressure before it splits. Release the pressure. IN BOTTLES WHEN THEY LOOK LIKE BALLOONS well ?. After 2-3 weeks they are ready may be a bit cloudy but that's OK will keep in fridge for several months.
    Tips put your elder-flowers in muslin as there are little bugs still there.

I find a 2 liters of flowers or 3 ounces of dried works for me.
    Think ill make some now for Xmas.
    Be careful opening bottles they really are like a champagne.
    yes you can also make this in champagne bottles but the hassle of bottling and corking so many bottles and i can fit 3 bottles into a coke 2lt plastic bottle.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Marie For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast