Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: PH info and problem solving.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,214 Times

Quote Originally Posted by C.W. View Post
    once you get a better understanding on the needs and so on you can keep these things green from top to bottom right till YOU want them to yellow up.
    That's my personal holy grail of growing weed.
    I am the light of this forum and I am its mean twisted soul.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tabbatha For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,245 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Up_in_smoke View Post
    Mate, our water sources sound very similar.
    I can get away with veg too, no troubles, I put that down to it not being too long since potted up so the soil is still fully active sort of thing, by week 3 of flower when everything is yellow, they've been in the mud for 6 weeks or so and so any pH sort of scale that brought to the table is long gone, that and the fact the plant wants different nutes at that time.

Pretty much same as me. By about the 3rd or 4th week flower (5 to 6 weeks 12/12) my plants start to go yellow on the tips and down the edges of the leaves. Next thing I see is the leaves go crispy brown almost over night. It usually looks as if I am getting light bleaching the way they go yellow. Also seems similar to mg deficiency but the veins don't go yellow it's the bits of leaves between the veins that go yellow and then crisp up. Certainly not the typical lack of nitrogen yellowing. Provided I keep on top of the pH of water that I put in I don't seem to have these problems so much (see pics below for some of the problems).

I don't feed no more as the soils I have been using seem to have more than enough feed in them. If I do try to feed them I lock out even more and the buds never develop properly. I've just changed soil for my current grow and so far so good after I fooked the pH up in early veg. Again no feed on this grow and I'm hoping not to.

'there was a young man named jobby,
    who haboured an illicit hobby,
    with renknowned growing fame,
    he put our plants to shame,
    that bright young man named jobby'

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jobby2812 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19), Up_in_smoke (24-01-12), _Whisperer (24-01-12)

Thanks

right here...today is day one of week 6 for me and still green. and yes i had food build right as i said above. but knowing the ph and needs i was able to avoid any struggles or yellow and loss to end results.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...cal-Grow/page4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

mellowed Guest

Yey everyone is getting along nicely now. Good good good.

There is a lot of info in this thread that's very useful but also difficult to get your head round without reading it over and over again...........but it will make since eventually.........I still don't understand certain parts but that's part of the fun of learning.

Peace.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

baza123 (23-01-12), C.W. (23-01-12), GBK (23-01-12), jobby2812 (23-01-12), _Whisperer (24-01-12)

mellowed Guest

This might be useful to some people.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mellowed For This Useful Post:

baza123 (23-01-12), C.W. (23-01-12), hajcyher (03-10-12), jobby2812 (23-01-12)

Thanks

nice chart mellowed

12. The Following User Says Thank You to baza123 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,985 Times

Now looking at the chart,Lets say I go a problem and I some how find my soil is at a pH of 6.3 Does that mean the problem is calcium and magnesium def.I would like to think its that simple to diagnose a deficiency ????????

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GBK For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-03-19)

Thanks

the charts are generic and dont go as set in stone. when they where made we didnt have coco mediums or soiless ones. was mainly all soil/dirt or water.
    ..if your in soil or soiless and been feeding at 6.3 as i suggest and thats the run off there shouldbt be an issue. or the pen isnt right, or its a liquid tester. there could be issues but might not be in the medium then. could be environmental, that plays a huge role on food uptakes

in soil or soiless i havent ever in my life seen or had a mag deff. nor have i seen one in others grows...if they didnt leave it to go to that point. when we say micro and macro foods we dont mean the size of the food. its how much is needed. mg isnt needed mush. we already have enough in the medium and things that are used to set it. and in our water. is it benneficial to use anyways...yes. more so for the cal as they usualy come together. better companies will also chelate the mg to make it even more avail in a bigger ph area. for anyone to get mg or even a cal deff something had to go realy realy wrong. and to not see nitro or other 2 larger ones is about impossible. ...and..to say what 1 single food started it or what 1 is deff is next to impossible to. they begin to be deff long before we see it with our eyes. and they all effect each other. so if 1 goes slight out so do others. and by time we see it there are usualy more than 1 showing. dont even waste time trying to think of what one. just look at numbers and adjust accordingly with water or more food at the right ph

for me and them charts i look more at hydro for a soiless peat based medium...its about C.E.C and not what the medium is. read up on C.E.C helps alot.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

baza123 (24-01-12), GBK (23-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19), Goodbuddy (23-01-12), Up_in_smoke (24-01-12)

Thanks

most cases when you see a burn. a deff....and check run off you will find a low ph and hi ec..lots of food but canbt eat it with low ph and salt build up to close the plant down. needs water and watch run off for numbers in ec to drop and ph will rise...on its own with just ph water. ph it to same as always use with feeds.
    if ph is hi then usualy see a low ec..needs food and it is defficient in the true meaning....or what most call deff.
    a plant will always show the same for to much food or not enough. just slight variation to how it shows...the rate of it.
    if we see a green leaf but a more quick burn on edges its more likley a ph issue. may show light tops and thin tops and twisted leaves from this.

the firdst thing i watch for to keep ahead of it is the tops. that will tell current emmediate health in soil. older leaves that go are usualy from the plant taking the food to the tops so over a day or so them lighter tops will become green again...food isnt right if thats the case...ph isnt right...effecting the fod..or it dosent have enough food in medium.

so if leaves fade green gradual then show burns its usualy the lack of food as its a slower loss.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C.W. For This Useful Post:

AceitunaNinja (20-08-16), baza123 (24-01-12), GBK (24-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19), Goodbuddy (23-01-12), WWLover (24-01-12)

Thanks

Hi cw. I been reading all your posts regarding ph. I think you are spot on about checking ph in soil grows too.

Alot of the probs you described above is what I've had on my last 2 grows. Gona invest in a decent ph meter cause I reckon my ph is way out. Thanks.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WWLover For This Useful Post:

C.W. (24-01-12), GEORGE (17-03-19)

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast