Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: White Russian indoor from seed (first grow)

Thanks

Thanks for hopping aboard m8, glad you think its going ok always nice to get some reassurance and thanks for the info, not just info but my favorite type (budget info! ).
    Been surfing for a while for fans recently as i think the room is crying out for extraction! but ive been gettin more confused than educated as you cant tell from web pics and blurb how loud/quiet all fan types are so thanks so much for your comprehensive report/advice mate !!
    Im thinking of going for a 5" ruck/filter package from fleabay/justfans or similar place cos theyre like half the price of ponics stores sometimes! think that should be ample for 400W MH and a 400W HPS (maybe 2HPS depends on fem rate?). Is it ok to tee the ruck into veg and flower using a Y duct splitter??? or will i have to sort a seperate veg extraction???
    The 2 that are rusty were sprayed 2 days ago with fungicide and dont seem to have changed much but are still growing so fingers crossed theyre ok. Im not certain it is fungus because none of the others show any signs of it but i guess time will tell.
    Ive repoted the last babies today from 4 to 5 inch pots using allmix and added some perlite, this will hopefully lower the ph of the mix ive also watered them in with distilled water while im messing with the very strong canna organic PH down i bought to get my tap water down from 8-9 to 6-7. It went smoother than i expected and the babs look happy so far ill be able to tell better @5pm when lights go back on, cant wait! still excited to see them every day
    Thanks again for the info it really does help!
    Last edited by gangjamin; 17-06-09 at 01:33 PM.

Thanks

Extraction is not needed when vegging, good passive intake/outake is fine, my extraction never goes on till 2nd or so week of flower.

The 125 will be plenty for the 400w, thats what i use, and as long as you have a fan blowing in between the tops and the light, its all good.

I only ever use basic compost for vegging, and flowering, basic compost with added JI, perfect almost every grow, that way you dont have to feed, cause theres plent good stuff in the soil.

I pot up 4 times, and the last flower potup gets the ji version, veg for a couple of weeks and throw those babies into 12/12, the best yields are achieved when you wait for the pre-flowers to show before the flip. I only add food as such, i am 90% organic so my feeds will differ from yours i'm sure, at about 2 weeks after flowering has started, however before hand i add other goodies that I have worked out to improve things.

Check my diary for the full spec, its called 'Shared Grow' in the organics room.

You'll be fine just dont over fiddle and worry, its a weed mate, it grows like one, and it will take some abuse, serious abuse before they even consider giving up the ghost, patience is the real secret to a successful grow IMO.

Good luck feller, the world is your oyster, or your cannabis plant anyways

ME SMOKEM Guest

looks like you got a fine start there young fella...i like the grow space so far ..is that grille cover on the wall for fresh air intake or is it hooked to your HVAC system..it looks like return air girlle for heat and a/c..if it is for freesh air good placement nice n low.. just curious ,i am a HVAC service technician...your gonna need a good exhaust for 2 hps and 1 mh....Peace

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBoy View Post
    Extraction is not needed when vegging, good passive intake/outake is fine, my extraction never goes on till 2nd or so week of flower.

The 125 will be plenty for the 400w, thats what i use, and as long as you have a fan blowing in between the tops and the light, its all good.

I only ever use basic compost for vegging, and flowering, basic compost with added JI, perfect almost every grow, that way you dont have to feed, cause theres plent good stuff in the soil.

I pot up 4 times, and the last flower potup gets the ji version, veg for a couple of weeks and throw those babies into 12/12, the best yields are achieved when you wait for the pre-flowers to show before the flip. I only add food as such, i am 90% organic so my feeds will differ from yours i'm sure, at about 2 weeks after flowering has started, however before hand i add other goodies that I have worked out to improve things.

Check my diary for the full spec, its called 'Shared Grow' in the organics room.

You'll be fine just dont over fiddle and worry, its a weed mate, it grows like one, and it will take some abuse, serious abuse before they even consider giving up the ghost, patience is the real secret to a successful grow IMO.

Good luck feller, the world is your oyster, or your cannabis plant anyways

Sorry mis read your post, 2 400w, i would suggest getting a bigger fan than the 125mm, if you get maybe a 200mm, you should be able to 'Y' split the extraction, however you will need a monster filter, and your prices are going to rocket a bit, however same applies, use a non hydro shop and you'll save a bundle

If you get more than you need in the way of extraction you can always wind it back with the fan comtroller build i suggested, however if you don't have enough you might have to buy it all twice....

Thanks

Thanks for all that info and advice buddyboy, i have checked your diary briefly m8 and i like your growing techiniques, looks great as do the plants, bit pushed for time tonight but i will defo be giving it a full read soon
    Hmm the fan is expensive as you say if i wanna use 2 HPS and/or tee into veg, i might go with just using the ruck for flower and see if i can get away with passive ventilation in veg when i curtain it off from the flower area and i only say maybe 2 HPS if i get lots of females (crosses everything ), what is the max females i can get under a 400W HPS if i veg until preflower any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by ME SMOKEM View Post
    looks like you got a fine start there young fella...i like the grow space so far ..is that grille cover on the wall for fresh air intake or is it hooked to your HVAC system..it looks like return air girlle for heat and a/c..if it is for freesh air good placement nice n low.. just curious ,i am a HVAC service technician...your gonna need a good exhaust for 2 hps and 1 mh....Peace
    Thanks me smokem for popping in and your comments i wish i had a HVAC system but unfortunately it is my attempt at fresh air intake it is just 2 brick vents wrapped in the mrs old tights and shoved in a whole i cut in the wall
    I put it low for passive intake after reading here and one the opposite corner and high up for passive exhaust but to be honest it doesnt appear to do a lot lol.

Day 16 Couple of pics all in their new pots and settling in

Still looking a bit heat stressed but i have raised the light a bit to try to help this but temps are rarely above 80F :S

Thanks

sorry for double post but OMG its really happening! I can smell my babies and they smells mmmmmmmmm

Thanks

MMMMmmmm smells......always a good sign

Thanks

looking nice mate thats the strain i wanted to grow will be keeping any eye on this one
    ----------------
    DEC 2010 POTM 3RD PLACE !!! x2 cfl bulbs big bud x super silver haze , and super lemon haze
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-wardrobe-grow[/U]

room 1 , sour cream and amnesia haze CFL SCROG[/U]
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...L-grow-by-Br4d[

When i am good no one remembers ... when iam bad no one forgets

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Br4d View Post
    looking nice mate thats the strain i wanted to grow will be keeping any eye on this one
    Nice to have you aboard m8

Well the babs are still looking heat stressed but theyre really taking off now, temps are never above 80 and i keep moving the light up daily (20" away now)to try to combat this although looks to me like theyre stretching a lil :s just dont know what else to do for them any suggestions or other causes of leaf curling please anyone?
    Also the 2 that had rusty spots on keep getting more on them so they all had some gnat off this morning, also got a proper ph tester, watered them with tap water that was sat 24 hours first and ph downed to 6.5, checked the runoff and it was 6.5 so ive ruled ph problems out i think?
    Have seen a couple of flying bastards in there though like one every other day for the last week.
    Any advice/comments appreciated
    Ill take some pics tomorrow until then.....
    ps smell is heavenly

Thanks

Ok piccy update, its quite a big one so sorry but its for my own reference as much as anything
    2 plants still not too well and still no idea why so they are off to the infirmary section but heres a couple of pics incase they catch interest here form someone who recognises it.

Slightly healthier of 2 ill ones

All still have some leaf curl too, some worse than others i thought this was heat stress but i dont think it is anymore temps have been 68/78f for days now and humidity 60/70% light is still at 20" from tops,surely it aint hot enough to be heat stress???

this pic shows the height of them quite well

A group shot

Some oveheads of some of the happier peeps

Please feel free to comment even if you want rip me apart i dont care but would be nice if it was constructive.
    Thanks folks

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast