Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Just want to check im not rusty and wrecking my seedlings.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

This bud - Take a sample of CANNA COCO from the slabs or pots (photo 1). This can be done with a soil core sampler or a trowel. To get a representative sample the coco must be collected from as many places as possible.
    Collect the sample in a bowl and determine whether it contains the right amount of moisture. The coco has the right amount of moisture if moisture disappears between your fingers when you squeeze it (photo 2). Add demineralised water if necessary and mix the coco.
    Take a 250 ml measuring jug and fill it with 150 ml of demineralised water. Add coco to the 250 ml mark (photo 3). Fully mix and allow the slurry to settle for at least two hours.
    Mix again and measure the pH.
    Filter this material and measure the EC.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Hello bud, i used my bluelab truncheon and bluelad ph pen. And also used the methods described by canna on their site, i had to join up for this. I didnt wait the full 2 hours though and obviously i didnt leave the coco in situ for 3-4 weeks. Why does something not seem right? or i fucked it up in some way? I didnt think these bluelab ec truncheons needed any calibrating
    My blue lab needs regular bloody calibrating!

I use two of them and calibrate each one fortnightly.
    Current Grow (3L coco autos) : Jumper's 2020 shenanigans

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (12-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    My blue lab needs regular bloody calibrating!

I use two of them and calibrate each one fortnightly.
    Ummmm!!! shit i had no idea mate, i was told on purchase and everything i could learn about them and i am sure it wasnt not needed. Hell how do you do it, theres only a battery removal / replacement on it and thats it. Damn

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-19), Jumper114 (12-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,808 Times
    Provided Answers: 17

Ummmm!!! shit i had no idea mate, i was told on purchase and everything i could learn about them and i am sure it wasnt not needed. Hell how do you do it, theres only a battery removal / replacement on it and thats it. Damn
    Maybe the truncheon is different - but I would be wary of degradation! These probes ain’t great!!!

I have a non calibration Ec pen and a fancy pants one ... the non calibration works well! PH I thought needed calibrated.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jumper114 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (12-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

This bud - Take a sample of CANNA COCO from the slabs or pots (photo 1). This can be done with a soil core sampler or a trowel. To get a representative sample the coco must be collected from as many places as possible.
    Collect the sample in a bowl and determine whether it contains the right amount of moisture. The coco has the right amount of moisture if moisture disappears between your fingers when you squeeze it (photo 2). Add demineralised water if necessary and mix the coco.
    Take a 250 ml measuring jug and fill it with 150 ml of demineralised water. Add coco to the 250 ml mark (photo 3). Fully mix and allow the slurry to settle for at least two hours.
    Mix again and measure the pH.
    Filter this material and measure the EC.

Fill a pot with coco then pour enough water through it till you have around a litre runoff then measure that for Ec & Ph...

Regards BL

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-19), Jumper114 (12-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (12-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Fill a pot with coco then pour enough water through it till you have around a litre runoff then measure that for Ec & Ph...

Regards BL
    Ok bud i shall do that, so i wasnt meant to take it from an actively growing seedling lol. Oh also should i filter the water for the EC reading?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (12-09-19), GEORGE (12-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper114 View Post
    Maybe the truncheon is different - but I would be wary of degradation! These probes ain’t great!!!

I have a non calibration Ec pen and a fancy pants one ... the non calibration works well! PH I thought needed calibrated.
    It's this one mate -

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You can't calibrate the blue lab truncheon as far as I know unless it's a feature on the newer ones....I've had mine 7 & 1/2 years and it's still spot on, I also have an essentials one for a back up and to compare both meters this one needs calibrating around once a month...

Regard BL

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (12-09-19), Jumper114 (12-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (12-09-19)

Thanks

Ok bud i shall do that, so i wasnt meant to take it from an actively growing seedling lol. Oh also should i filter the water for the EC reading?
    I'm interested to know what it is from the bag mate...If something went wrong in the pot afterwards your numbers won't be relevant...

Regards BL

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

FACE (12-09-19), GEORGE (12-09-19), IceCalibur (12-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (12-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    I'm interested to know what it is from the bag mate...If something went wrong in the pot afterwards your numbers won't be relevant...

Regards BL
    Ok sorted i will get the above mentioned ^^^^ process done as soon as i am off the hook and able to have some "me" time. It is weird those readings. I dont see that i got them wrong but we will see with a new test of just coco. If they did go wrong in the pot, then i am stumped as to how. I could see a fair few roots swirling around in the one i slipped out and took a chunk of. But there was bugger all up top in terms of foliage and growth.

Maybe i'm naturally shit at auto's lol

Thankyou for your help dear Sir!!!

And everyone else that has been helping me, thankyou. The forum seems strong, like it used to. Its good to see.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7