Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rate my Rig...

Thanks

Default Rate my Rig...

Just about to start my first grow, I'm on an extremely tight budget so had to go low-ball with most parts, I'm just hoping it'll be enough to do the trick. Would love any pointers or past-experience stories with similar setups

So the following items are (hopefully) winging their way to me as we speak, they'll be going into my small and highly insulated attic which has a single vent.

Tent: Green Box 600D 100x100x180
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1129-764x704.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	383553

Light: Garpsen Reflector Cree COB Series 1000W (actual draw 200W) Full Spectrum 3000K 6000K
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61WFUq38-6L._AC_SL1000_.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	383554

Fan & Filter:Fox 5" Twin Speed Fan with 300mm RC412 Filter 500m3/Hour

Seeds: Northern Light Automatic

Sadly budget had to be my main consideration, so I have a few small worries.
    1. Will I need another light? I'm guessing yes and plan to eventually, but will I get away with one?
    2. With the veg and bloom switches, I'm inclined to run both most of the time to maximise yield, any recommendations?
    3. I'm hoping to run my extraction fan at the low speed setting to keep the noise down, will it cut the mustard?
    4. Unrelated to anything above, but are the cheap 20-30 quid pH meters any use at all, or a total waste of money?
    Last edited by M_C; 24-05-20 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Link removal

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-20), illearth67 (24-05-20)

Thanks

You will probably need another light, but do a run and see.
    During veg, run both veg and bloom, won't hurt anything
    The fan should be more than enough
    Can't help you with the ph meter. But, in the interim you could buy ph test strips.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phytoplankton For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), illearth67 (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,882 Times

Please reread the forum rules about links. I have removed them from your post.
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), illearth67 (24-05-20)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Please reread the forum rules about links. I have removed them from your post.
    Sorry my bad, I did miss that bit, didn't think of it as spamming apologies.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chiefo For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-05-20), illearth67 (24-05-20), M_C (24-05-20), The Solyom (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,797 Times

Hi Chiefo

There's nothing obviously wrong with your set up but can you provide more info on how you plan to grow?
    Your question about pH meters makes me think your planning a hydro or coco coir grow?
    Also would like to know what strain and how many plants you want to grow?
    Are you growing from seed or using clones?
    As this is your very first grow you might want to start a grow diary, that way we can guide you every step of the way and hopefully maximize your yield at the end of the grow.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (29-05-20), Herbitual (24-05-20), The Solyom (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

I don't know anything about that light and I'm bloody certain that you can grow a great plant with it, but you'll be craving something more very soon.

I wish you'd come on here to ask first (or that I'd seen it - apologies if we missed the original post - it's a huge forum)
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/signaturepics/sigpic82640_3.gif

Neckbeard, cute dog, pansy-ass fuck* pursuing herb immunity since 1966

*TM. HazyClouds (RIP)

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (29-05-20), illearth67 (24-05-20), The Solyom (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,286 Times

From what I've seen online the light is about £150?

Is there any way of stopping that element?

This isn't enough for your tent, but it's absolutely a better light:

https://vividled.co.uk/shop/ols/prod...-driver-uk-kit

(sponsors link, btw)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Herbitual For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), illearth67 (24-05-20), The Solyom (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,136 Times

You will def need a ph meter, ph buffer (ph 7) ph down and possibly ph up. An ec meter to measure feed strength. The cheap ones are generally crap and will cause you more problems than guessing. Bluelab are the best, Essentials are also very good and I bought a truncheon off eBay. Eventually, I bought the blue lab truncheon. When I tested the others against it the cheap pen was miles off, useless. However, the cheap truncheon was only EC 0.1 out. It is about £50 cheaper.
    You will need at least 1 oscillating fan.
    Some syringes or similar measuring tool. I use 1ml for ph down. I also have 10ml but for larger amounts I use the measuring bit that comes with detergent/conditioner.
    If your light doesn't come with yo-yo's, get them. It more than likely will. At least one bucket for mixing nutes in.
    A big plastic whisk comes in handy if you haven't got an electric one. I have but I still use the whisk.
    A spray bottle also comes in handy. The pound shop normally has the last 2.
    A notebook to record everything you do, the good, the bad and the spot on's. It really helps to be able to refer back. I would also advise you to do a grow diary here if you haven't grown before. Everyone here loves to help, and some of these guys have been doing it for years. I completely messed up my last grow. Wasted 3 weeks of growing time. I now have a mentor and this grow is going really well. I couldn't have done this on my own.
    A last IP, think carefully about what you are going to grow in. Hydro setups are not really for beginners although it is possible. When deciding how many plants you intend to grow, the setup become important. Coco is imo, the easiest to grow in, but it needs more of your time than soil. Take into account you will need a lot of water for coco. There are a ton of diaries on here including completed. There is also a section for led.
    Growing weed is a painstaking hobby and it can't be rushed. Personally, I love it. Go slow to start, decide how and what with, then read a ton of diaries and ask as many questions as you like. Mother nature doesn't like you treating her plants badly, she is known to make you both suffer.

It would help more if you told us what you will be growing in, soil, coco, whatever, and the setup.

My mentored grow is in my sig, it's coco growing phenos.
    The other is similar but growing autos. I have another auto in with them now as I am getting rid of 1. Take that as a lesson. I rushed and wasted another 3 weeks
    Mother nature kicked my arse.

Good luck, enjoy your grow

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (29-05-20), illearth67 (24-05-20), Rizdaddy (08-06-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,136 Times

I highly suggest bungy cords, the stretchy things for luggage. Hang the fan from them. If you fix to timber the vibration may cause problems. You can also use them for the filter.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Solyom For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (29-05-20), illearth67 (25-05-20), M_C (24-05-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,797 Times

Yes good advice from The Solyom. I too advise against going full hydro on your first grow.
    It's too easly to make a mistake and ruin your grow unless you really know what you are doing.
    The most newbie friendly grow medium is Coco Coir imo it is very easy to use and is much like growing in soil but you will get a much greater yield per plant compared to soil.
    Having said that we are here to help and support you whatever you decide to do.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to illearth67 For This Useful Post:

Chiefo (24-05-20), GEORGE (24-05-20), Greengrass (29-05-20)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast