Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GMO's will it growdrobe?

Mrs Beefheart Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GMOGreen View Post
    �� aye I'm gonna look into an allotment

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    id love one but just not got the time ......love my little garden ,my flowers and baskets , little bit of veg ,potatoes , runner beans ,radish , strawberries ,couple of others i can fit in lol
    nightly date with my hubby and spliff on the patio assessing the growth lol happy days

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (05-02-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Beefheart View Post
    id love one but just not got the time ......love my little garden ,my flowers and baskets , little bit of veg ,potatoes , runner beans ,radish , strawberries ,couple of others i can fit in lol
    nightly date with my hubby and spliff on the patio assessing the growth lol happy days
    That there sounds like the dream

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Welcome hobbit, your wealth of knowledge always welcome mate

Tbh I've got 2 other indoor spaces and a reasonable size front door step. Only 1 will be potted up into a 25-40l pot once they are started. I'll see where it'll fit as it grows... it's all just for the crack anyways and I never thought I'd end up with any melons

When you say blueberries are seasonal, are your referring to the winter cut back and taking back to a rootstock? I had kinda hoped to just run perpetual 18/6 and swap out the plants as the required. Tbh I'd hoped they'd all just think it's a forever spring and fruit forever once they start lol

Good on you mate. No chance of a melon in that space mate lol, the vine will fill out that room very quick lol. As to the blueberries, I wouldnt prune em all the way back to stock, but its an interesting idea eternal spring lol. We do have some exotics here (non natives) that will flower more often than in their native countries due to our weather. Not sure what makes blueberries flower but id say its photo period. Alot of things that come from cold winter climates actually need that cold winter to flower and produce good yields. Eternal spring might tire them out as well. But I will be watching mate giving it a go is the way to learn eh.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Mrs Beefheart Guest

That there sounds like the dream

im also a sucker for solar lights and pretty shit
    gotta love the summer its all about pretty things

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Beefheart For This Useful Post:

Captain Beefheart (05-02-18), GreenFingers321 (27-05-18)

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Good on you mate. No chance of a melon in that space mate lol, the vine will fill out that room very quick lol. As to the blueberries, I wouldnt prune em all the way back to stock, but its an interesting idea eternal spring lol. We do have some exotics here (non natives) that will flower more often than in their native countries due to our weather. Not sure what makes blueberries flower but id say its photo period. Alot of things that come from cold winter climates actually need that cold winter to flower and produce good yields. Eternal spring might tire them out as well. But I will be watching mate giving it a go is the way to learn eh.
    I ain't gonna lie mun, I ain't never tried a melon before... I took a 5 minute Google before they went into dirt. My plan was to build a chicken wire cylinder the size of it final pot and just wind it up the inside to try control it

Aye mate this ain't a self sufficiency grow or anything. As the title kinda implies I'm just finding out what may or may not enjoy my drobe space. I do appreciate any heads up as I've got all sorts to throw in. Kiwi may be next after I get the herb beds in

GMOGreen Guest

im also a sucker for solar lights and pretty shit
    gotta love the summer its all about pretty things
    Anything that'll make your eyes trip out with the help of some biscuits lol

Hobbit Guest

By the way mate love the name of the thread. Will it growdrobe hahaha funny feker.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GreenFingers321 (27-05-18)

Mrs Beefheart Guest

i keep thinking about planting the top of a pineapple ...but never get round to it ...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Beefheart For This Useful Post:

GMOGreen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    By the way mate love the name of the thread. Will it growdrobe hahaha funny feker.
    It made me chuckle when I though of it and ya know how it is, if ya want any attention on this "cliquey" forum ya gotta whore yaself a little 😂

16. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

GMOGreen Guest

i keep thinking about planting the top of a pineapple ...but never get round to it ...
    If there's space on the windowsill, why the hell not... I think it used to be a massive trend in the 1800s to grow pineapples in greenhouses in the uk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GMOGreen For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast