Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best (and Worst) Video Games to Play When You're High

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bundy75 View Post
    I don't think that was an option back in the day. I've always been a console gamer, preferred the plug and play method. Spent a bit of money on a pc in the early/mid nineties and it still wasn't good enough to play the games I wanted so I got rid and carried on with the consoles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Funny, but I was the same way, but with PCs. I started with them. Yeah, I'm old: we had the Commodore 64 as the console of my day. To me, the PC was obviously better. But, I grew up before personal computers: PCs were an improvement on TV because it was interactive. I'm sure if I had grown up with consoles, I would have preferred them. I gave up on PCs for a year because I didn't want to keep upgrading just to play the latest games.

So, I bought an XBox. I played sports games like Madden and FIFA, and it was ridiculously awesome. I still think the XBox controller is the perfect way to do sports games. I played Fallout 4 and Prey and the latest Dishonored, and it was great...except for the controls. I hate the XBox controllers for combat. I know some people are really good at playing shooters on the console, but the keyboard and mouse always feels faster to me.

My son showed me the way back to the PC. He built a mid-range gaming rig for under $200. And, he was a kid (just turned 14). If he could afford it (using birthday money), then I sure as heck could spare a few coins for the guy who takes the kids to Texas Roadhouse every week. So, I build a better PC, and I'm back again. I bought Fallout 4, and it's awesome...the controls are certainly better.

Still, I will go back to my console again (for something other than Hulu, I mean).

And, how cool is it that I learned something from my son??? I'm not worried that the old man is a step slower; I'm just so happy that I managed to help produce something good in the world (something other than my homemade cinnamon ice cream, I mean, great though it is). I'm so proud of him. My wife and I did well.
    Last edited by Underpants McGregor; 26-06-19 at 05:38 AM.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Underpants McGregor For This Useful Post:

AND (26-06-19), Bundy75 (26-06-19), curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (26-06-19), Trex (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I stopped at majora's mask, just couldn't get my head around it
    Yeah was a bit weird that one but we persevered...spent soooooo long looking for last piece of heart...think that was the last one we did as a family group all of mine are gamers...I have a PS4, Xbox One & a PC gamer

Quote Originally Posted by Underpants McGregor View Post
    Funny, but I was the same way, but with PCs. I started with them. Yeah, I'm old: we had the Commodore 64 as the console of my day. To me, the PC was obviously better. But, I grew up before personal computers: PCs were an improvement on TV because it was interactive. I'm sure if I had grown up with consoles, I would have preferred them. I gave up on PCs for a year because I didn't want to keep upgrading just to play the latest games.
    Got a Commodore 64 for christmas 83 ...I started in 1980 with a kit form ZX80 at 12 and spent many many many hours learning Z80 code and typing stuff in from mags etc.

By the time I sold my 64...I had 4500 games on tape & disc...then the PC came along. I went the way of spending thousands on mine...remember my first decent graphics card purchase, bought from an exhibition at a special price of £695 in 1986 ish but then I had to buy a monitor to match the card another £1500

Still have the monitor as I can't bear to part with it...I worked hard to get that fecker...a whole 21 inches of 70kg CRT...

I love my PC and haven't done a console since Nintendo 64

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (26-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), IceCalibur (26-06-19), Mac (02-08-19), scoobywho (26-06-19), Underpants McGregor (27-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Does anybody remember this game just seen it and had proper nostalgia was about graffiti artists sticking it to the MAN... FUCK YES

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (29-06-19), Dr Green (29-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,499 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bundy75 View Post
    I don't think that was an option back in the day. I've always been a console gamer, preferred the plug and play method. Spent a bit of money on a pc in the early/mid nineties and it still wasn't good enough to play the games I wanted so I got rid and carried on with the consoles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Pretty much the same with me. I know that by the end of the console's cycle, the same game looks much better on PC (if you have good enough PC), but consoles are just easier to maintain if you are a casuall player. ... On the other hand, I really miss Total War and other strategy games on consoles

Jacob

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LondonSeedCentre For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (29-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), IceCalibur (26-06-19), Trex (26-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Crazy how much money one can spend on a pc to play games jesus christ the sky is literally the limit lol i liked sgrategy games like Civilization . My pc was underpowered and fried the cpu . Fuckin things could have heated the house i think

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

AND (29-06-19), curiouscultivator (29-06-19), GEORGE (26-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (27-06-19)

Thanks

Best and worst; Friday the 13th

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to e11 For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (29-06-19), GEORGE (29-06-19), LondonSeedCentre (30-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

was once badly addicted to gaming now I prefer to go out in the fresh air and live my life

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-06-19), Mac (02-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Does anybody remember this game just seen it and had proper nostalgia was about graffiti artists sticking it to the MAN... FUCK YES

Absolutely wicked fame that. Good old days lol

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-06-19), scoobywho (29-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 14,994 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Master Kief View Post
    Absolutely wicked fame that. Good old days lol

Brilliant soundtrack with it too wish they would remaster it would defo buy lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scoobywho For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (29-06-19), GEORGE (29-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,186 Times

Quote Originally Posted by scoobywho View Post
    Brilliant soundtrack with it too wish they would remaster it would defo buy lol

Yeah mate, I'd definitely buy a copy Haha. Older games were alot better than nowadays

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr Green For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-06-19)

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast