Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: New UK snooping law

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SirBudsAlot View Post
    Its not a silly remark using these things is no safer than a regular post lol....believe what you want i know the facts....no need to argue about it....do what makes you feel safe i guess lol
    How can not giving up your physical address not keep you safer online?? VPN and private networks clearly keep you safe , Thats how the top Illegal movie pirates never get caught , Or how the owner of silk road got away with what he was doing for so long , Cause they stayed hidden behind a vpn

I would like to know what facts you have that make a VPN not safe when 99% of illegal stuff is done online via a VPN so the police and governments cant do shit . Like i said If VPN didnt hide your ass then piracy wouldn't exist as the MPA and other piracy organisation would pull the ip address of the guy making illegal copy's
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 05-08-18 at 04:37 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,780 Times

VPNs are a little like anonymous proxies... it's a case of how anonymous they are Some people just use a VPN to access content that they can not get in their country, no big issue if their are logs. Others use VPNs for more nefarious things, & they need 100% anonymity, VPN logs could expose them....
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    VPNs are a little like anonymous proxies... it's a case of how anonymous they are Some people just use a VPN to access content that they can not get in their country, no big issue if their are logs. Others use VPNs for more nefarious things, & they need 100% anonymity, VPN logs could expose them....
    One of the standard things before even looking at a vpn should be what type you want , Nothing that proper protects you is free . I used mine for years when i was connected to the "scene" and had the site server pumping out 500GB a day of illegal torrents ,in the 12 years managed to take down just about every other torrent site, AXXO Used a VPN for years before most even knew what one was and still to this day hasn't been caught ,

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks

Should I be switching to Tor ?
    I'm not in the uk though
    Last edited by illegal24; 06-09-18 at 04:25 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to illegal24 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-18)

Thanks

TOR, IMHO, is too slow

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-09-18), Valentina (11-06-19)

Thanks

If it helps, the Opera browser has a VPN already built in and it's free. Everytime I use it, it seems to log into somewhere in Russia (you can convert back to English comrads )

12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Gatherer View Post
    If it helps, the Opera browser has a VPN already built in and it's free. Everytime I use it, it seems to log into somewhere in Russia (you can convert back to English comrads )
    Opera's VPN is more like a proxy than a VPN...!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-06-19), Trex (11-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Opera's VPN is more like a proxy than a VPN...!
    Proton VPN or Tor or Orbot . I use it to surf the dark web occansionally . Multiple layers of protection . Nothing is 100% buuut its the best available .

I suggest yall get a Proton email account also . Proton to proton user is unhackable ... its based in Switzerland .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

M_C (11-06-19), Valentina (11-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Proton VPN or Tor or Orbot . I use it to surf the dark web occansionally . Multiple layers of protection . Nothing is 100% buuut its the best available .

I suggest yall get a Proton email account also . Proton to proton user is unhackable ... its based in Switzerland .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Whoever controls the exit nodes controls the traffic.... and the NSA has a huge amount of exit nodes

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (11-06-19), Trex (11-06-19), Valentina (11-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Whoever controls the exit nodes controls the traffic.... and the NSA has a huge amount of exit nodes
    Doesn't 95% of the worlds internet travel to the Cornish coast . Where all or most of the cables meet and then get directed to the rest of the world. Doesn't gchq the nsa have direct contact/control of these ?
    If so can't they if wanted see everything?

Hiding in plain sight is my preferred choice.
    If the security services want you do ya honestly think a £30 subscription to a vpn or whatever is going to stop them if ya on the radar you arse is there's

in a green and pleasant land

20. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

M_C (11-06-19)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast