Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: New UK snooping law

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Very much so BG... but I work more on the theory that I won't be 'low hanging fruit'
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (11-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 31,736 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Proton VPN or Tor or Orbot . I use it to surf the dark web occansionally . Multiple layers of protection . Nothing is 100% buuut its the best available .

I suggest yall get a Proton email account also . Proton to proton user is unhackable ... its based in Switzerland .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    No such thing as unhackable...Crapple thought that

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Doesn't 95% of the worlds internet travel to the Cornish coast . Where all or most of the cables meet and then get directed to the rest of the world. Doesn't gchq the nsa have direct contact/control of these ?
    If so can't they if wanted see everything?

Hiding in plain sight is my preferred choice.
    If the security services want you do ya honestly think a £30 subscription to a vpn or whatever is going to stop them if ya on the radar you arse is there's

in a green and pleasant land
    With you there BG...if they want you...they'll get you regardless of where YOU think your IP is based...never have & never will use a VPN, all traffic is logged no matter what they tell you and if the relevant authorities push for it, they will hand it over

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AND For This Useful Post:

British green (11-06-19), M_C (11-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,776 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AND View Post
    With you there BG...if they want you...they'll get you regardless of where YOU think your IP is based...never have & never will use a VPN, all traffic is logged no matter what they tell you and if the relevant authorities push for it, they will hand it over
    I use a VPN to prevent my ISP from logging my history (when I remember to switch it on ) and also to bypass ISP filters to allow me access to Pirate Bay

Whilst I agree that all traffic is logged, all they will see for me at the moment is my connection to my VPN rather than my connection to this site. All requests made through the VPN are SSL - whilst I won't say that SSL is uncrackable, I will say that, for the sheer effort & resources required to do so then 'they' would expect to be finding something a lot more than weed sites & torrents

6. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

AND (11-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Very much so BG... but I work more on the theory that I won't be 'low hanging fruit'
    I've plucked low hanging fruit while in Afghanistan but everyone chases the cherry on top of the tree . Thinking it tastes sweeter sometimes the fruits that hide in the shadows of trees is the sweetest. Most peeps just stand on these as they look for the cherry . I'm not bothered either way if they want me they'd find me .
    I've lived in the shadows and hidden in plain sight and feel comfortable doing either

in a green and pleasant land

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (11-06-19), GasMan (11-06-19), Mac (12-06-19), M_C (11-06-19), Sadface (11-06-19), Valentina (17-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Whoever controls the exit nodes controls the traffic.... and the NSA has a huge amount of exit nodes
    Yea for sure . But the more nodes you bounce off . Plus bridging . Theyll have a hell a hard time . For weed they wont follow you .

For political dissent , taxes .. hard drugs theyll try for years and eventually catch ya ... silk road been caught 3x now . No one is 100% safe really ...

One guy that operated a huge drug site from the netherlands . His bitcoin account logged his unwashed deposit or something like that . while his vpn was down ... bang after 5yrs he was caught . Just takes one little fuck up and your done .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

AND (11-06-19), M_C (11-06-19), Valentina (17-06-19)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8