Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Red colouring

Starcodex Guest

Default Red colouring

Hi everyone.

Atm I am running another SeedStockers BCN Critical XXL autoflower. Turning out to be a favourite.

I can't believe it's day 70 for this one. I'm concerned that she is starting to show the exact same leaf colouring as my previous Ak420s also by SeedStockers. Im thinking this might be something to do with genetics or some kind of deficiency.

I had the same situation with my previous grow. I'm eager to know what's causing it but I've no idea. I'm thinking that it's normal. But it can't be. I did think that the yellowing that started first was caused by light burn and then the red and purple hues followed. I just don't know.

Atm it's

Day 70

Verve and perlite 7 litre pots

18/6

Day temp 27 rh 54%

Lights off 18 rh 65%

Feeding a litre of rain water every second day. With only 3 feeds during veg of formulex.

Light distance is 18 inches. On full power

Anyone had plants that do this.

First picture is my previous Ak420... Note how the next 5 images of the BCNcritical show the same colouring.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-08-19), GEORGE (12-08-19), jake420 (15-08-19), Kurdt (13-08-19), Mac (13-08-19), scoobywho (13-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,772 Times

She looks hungry to me
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (12-08-19), curiouscultivator (12-08-19), GEORGE (12-08-19), jake420 (15-08-19), Kurdt (13-08-19), Mac (13-08-19), scoobywho (13-08-19)

Starcodex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    She looks hungry to me
    Fuck sake.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-08-19), GEORGE (12-08-19), Mac (13-08-19), M_C (12-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Starcodex View Post
    Feeding a litre of rain water every second day. With only 3 feeds during veg of formulex.
    That's not going to cut the mustard mate formulex is not strong enough for a plant that size and stage of growth. You need a decent feed such as old timers grow & bloom...Also if your using rain water your almost certainly going to need to supplement with calcium and magnesium...

Regards BL

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-08-19), Gaz (13-08-19), GEORGE (12-08-19), Greengrass (12-08-19), jake420 (15-08-19), Kurdt (13-08-19), Mac (13-08-19), M_C (12-08-19), Sadface (12-08-19)

Starcodex Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    That's not going to cut the mustard mate formulex is not strong enough for a plant that size and stage of growth. You need a decent feed such as old timers grow & bloom...Also if your using rain water your almost certainly going to need to supplement with calcium and magnesium...

Regards BL
    Isn't it possible though to achieve results without the need for nutes because I really thought that was how organic weed was achieved or at least. The yield would probably be small but surely you'd harvest half decent weed.

But does this explain the red and purple hues.?

Taking into consideration the Ak420 on the first picture which was blootered with nutes... And I know you wouldn't rate poundland nutrients. But I used their grow bloom and pk boost throughout my last grow. Maybe that stuff helped me achieve the yield of 380 odd grams..maybe it ruined my grow.

Im going to take yer advice either way because I can't believe I didn't bother with some sort of reputable nutrition for my plants. I have grow bloom n pk boost but I decided not to use it because I wanted to do everything different from my previous grow which gave me shit weed.

Maybe the poundland nutes did nothing. And that's why they both look similar.

Oh and would you say that tap water would be more suited than rain.?

I appreciate the replies.

Last edited by Starcodex; 12-08-19 at 08:52 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (12-08-19), curiouscultivator (12-08-19), GEORGE (12-08-19), Mac (13-08-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Isn't it possible though to achieve results without the need for nutes because I really thought that was how organic weed was achieved or at least. The yield would probably be small but surely you'd harvest half decent weed.

Taking into consideration the Ak420 on the first picture which was blootered with nutes... And I know you wouldn't rate poundland nutrients. But I used their grow bloom and pk boost throughout my last grow. Maybe that stuff helped me achieve the yield of 380 odd grams..maybe it ruined my grow.

Im going to take yer advice either way because I can't believe I didn't bother with some sort of reputable nutrition for my plants. I have grow bloom n pk boost but I decided not to use it because I wanted to do everything different from my previous grow which gave me shit weed.

7 litres of verve compost will not have enough NPK and micro elements to get a plant to the finish line without some issues in my opinion, Plus it won't actually be 7 litres when you take the perlite into account...As for poundland nutes I have no idea if they are upto the job or not...I only comment or advice on stuff that i've used personally and I know 100% worthy of endorsement...

Regards BL

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (13-08-19), GEORGE (12-08-19), Greengrass (12-08-19), jake420 (15-08-19), Mac (13-08-19), Sadface (12-08-19), UpT0wn (12-08-19)

Thanks

plant is now missing nitrogen in a serious way during mid/late flower and your girls are now lacking chlorophyll,

the use of organic fertilizers is still Organic since they aren't chemical/salt based that damage the soil and the microbes

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mr.gr33n For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (13-08-19), GEORGE (12-08-19), Mac (13-08-19)

Starcodex Guest

Thanks for the replies.

I really thought that the lack of nitrogen at this stage wouldn't be important because the plant is coming to its end and if anything she might be lacking in Potassium and phosphorus.

And I thought a nitrogen deficiency started from below and worked its way up.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Starcodex For This Useful Post:

Thanks

that yellowing is also low down on your plants going by the pictures you posted above

would you say that girl is yellow at the bottom also?

there's a leaf in the middle/bottom of this picture that is a clear sign they are missing nitrogen,

nitrogen is important from start of vegetation until middle/late bloom/flower
    Potassium and phosphorus are more about the buds/weight - leaves/roots/trunks all heavily rely on Nitrogen

that's why most feed nitrogen rich until the stretch has completely stopped at week 2-6 of flowering,

growing is all a learning curve, it will still smoke great so i wouldn't sweat it
    i would however get some additional organic food for your next growing cycle

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mr.gr33n For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 62,510 Times

Oh and would you say that tap water would be more suited than rain.?

I appreciate the replies.

Growing Organic is not quite that simple if you want to go water only mate. Go and do some reading about building soils and soil food web mate... That a good place to start.

And on this one I do know what Im talking about wether Im a twat that just posts and offers advice with no experience or not. I have spent thousands of hours on soil so I bloody well know this.

Soil food web and then building soils.

Clacakmass coots
    Tad hussy
    Tim wilson
    Jeff Lowenfeld

They are all helpful, kiss organics podcast would be my first stop

FYI I grow water only.
    Last edited by Gaz; 13-08-19 at 07:43 AM.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (13-08-19), Mac (13-08-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast