Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: gummy gun seeds

Thanks

Just googled jiffys, i got nothing to lose i guess can i get these from anywhere ? ill go get some tomorrow if i can
    thanks for your help.
    bongo

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,125 Times

any hydro shop will sell jiffys mate, they are about 10p each. i find them really good for starting seeds.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ChronMan For This Useful Post:

bongostu (14-02-11)

Thanks

I had 5 straight out males and 3 hermies from my gummy gun grows if I remember right, still not sure if it was something I did or just bad luck. The strain seems prone to going male or hermy, of the females that I got one was bright purple and very blueberry in style and smoke. The other was quite like some lowryders I had previously grown.
    Not a bad smoke when you get females but they wouldn't be top of my list to try again any time soon, the saving grace was they price being so low that they're worth a shot if you have nothing specific planned for growing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ukfats For This Useful Post:

bongostu (14-02-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ukfats View Post
    the saving grace was they price being so low that they're worth a shot if you have nothing specific planned for growing.
    £25 quid for 10 seeds so far i have yeilded nothing as it stands it has cost me about £100 for lights fans and so on and have got nothing, so as far as cost is goin it aint cost effective at all
    do i really spend more money on more seeds, dont sppose the shop does auto fem seeds in singles maybe buy 1 or 2 seeds and try keep the cost as low as i can.
    well thanks for your time people
    bongo

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by bongostu View Post
    first 2 i think were 10 days and next 3 day 14
    bongo
    My AK GG's showed sex anywhere between 13 & 21 days, it is a possibility that you are repotting at the time that they are just sorting themselves out to go to flower... next time put the seeds straight in the final pot.... touch wood that will solve the problem
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

bongostu (14-02-11)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

This was my thought on the subject ^

Any auto is very prone to stress, as they're on a mission to get things done and don't want nobody getting in the way How did you have them in the prop, just filled with soil and chucked in?

When autos grow they throw out a taproot, like all plants, but with autos(that I've seen anyway), as soon as that taproot hits something or extends over a few feet, it'll stop growing and start throwing out side shoots - about 2 weeks after this is when they'll start to show signs of flowering. What you really want is to let that taproot get as far down as possible, unobstructed, before it decides it's gone far enough on it's own. Starting them in small cups will confuse them and mean they don't develop a very large rootbase, and won't be putting as much energy into developing one when they have to flower(ie, when you repot). This will cause them stress and is one of many things that can lead to a hermi'

Best thing to do is start them on tissue and just bung them in their final pots with a nice soil and leave them to it until they start to look like they need a feed.

I've not seen GG's go hermo' on anyone up here, but then I've only seen 4 or 5 folks growing 'em

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

bongostu (14-02-11)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbox View Post
    How did you have them in the prop, just filled with soil and chucked in?
    i put them in the water cups full with soil, seed quarter of a inch deep, put into prop under the light until first leaves are visible then removed from prop and left under the light, for first couple of days just spray with water to help with high humidity
    and the conversion from prop to open space.
    ill give 1 ago straight from seed in there final pot, i don't do the paper towel method i just leave in clean water 24/30 hours until cracked then ill stick it in its final pot.

well after a couple of days I'm not sure on these last 2 now there is something there as well as girl bits but maybe that's just a girls lump where the pistols come out,
    thanks a bunch for your help guys, i was really hoping that someone from crazy x was gonna chime in but i guess not.
    cheers
    bongo

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Matt's an extremely busy fellow but does drop in often - I'm sure when he sees your thread he will chip in his 2pence, but until then, we'll have to do

Yeah try one in those conditions, in it's final pot and see what happens - here's hoping it's a fem for you

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

bongostu (14-02-11)

Thanks

don't get me wrong fella im extremely grateful to thctalk members for there help, id be screwed without you tbh i probably wouldn't have started at all.
    I understand how busy people can be so im not expecting miracles however i did put a post on another forum in a breeders section on the 17th jan and had no reply from the breeder
    again i understand that stuff can happen that is way more important.
    bongo

Thanks

just looked again at me plants and the smaller of the 2 plants the bud on the very top has loads of milky bits coming off but look like there drying up the other plants all look real heathy, is this a sign of hermi ?
    thanks for your time
    bong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast