Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: From coco to RDWC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

It’s handy to have both outside the tent firstly Cos it’s easier to manage adding nutes and stuff once your plants get big and it’ll be closer to the chiller if your using one. Chiller works quite hard at the start till you got a decent canopy. And header pot being outside will be less to absorb the heat from lights. Also saves opening tent to make adjustments.
    The alien one I’ve got has a float valve to let the top up res fill up the system as the level drops.
    Gotta be nice and level as I’ve found out my pots are all I’ve the place sometimes and still add a few buckets of water here and there.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Done420 (04-02-19), GEORGE (09-02-19), tom222 (04-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    It’s handy to have both outside the tent firstly Cos it’s easier to manage adding nutes and stuff once your plants get big and it’ll be closer to the chiller if your using one. Chiller works quite hard at the start till you got a decent canopy. And header pot being outside will be less to absorb the heat from lights. Also saves opening tent to make adjustments.
    The alien one I’ve got has a float valve to let the top up res fill up the system as the level drops.
    Gotta be nice and level as I’ve found out my pots are all I’ve the place sometimes and still add a few buckets of water here and there.
    Hay Ging lad, how you finding the pipework on your alien system.? 25mm right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), Ginger-bud (05-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger-bud View Post
    See my thinking was having my header tank out of the direct spread of the lights which it can be with the space I hope to have. It won’t be that far from the chiller....if I had the header outside the tent then I’d have to try and maybe even warm the nutes up, if the header is inside and the chiller regulates it then it would be the easier of the two to control better ?

I’m really considering maybe putting in some sort of auto top up from the res from outside the tent, that res can have the heater in and just regulate the tank itself and replenish the header when it needs to.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), tom222 (04-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

I have an auto tip up on mine with a mini float valve doing the work.

It’s fed from a 350l tank that’s kept topped up with a RODI filter on an auto shut off.

I never water. It’s ace! Hahaha

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Done420 (05-02-19), GEORGE (09-02-19), tom222 (05-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    Hay Ging lad, how you finding the pipework on your alien system.? 25mm right.

I’ve had one blockage at the end of one line of pots was a bastard to clear it out but been lucky so far.
    Kinda wishing I had the bigger pipework but it’s still going fine just need to tug a few roots back now and then
    Hope your all good mate

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Done420 (05-02-19), GEORGE (09-02-19), tom222 (05-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    From memory I used 2 1/4inch uniseals with 2 inch pipe which has an OD of 60mm. If you call the guy at the Uniseal shop he will put you right and sell you the correct size hole saw.
    Hay tobluey

Just a quick question,, what tank heater have you got that actually can be submerged at bottom of tank.

The ones i have at the moment can only submerge 3/4 way in top of water.?

Tia

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19)

Thanks

Hay tobluey

Just a quick question,, what tank heater have you got that actually can be submerged at bottom of tank.

Tia

Ha ha are they only supposed to go so far down? I’ve got a 200w tank heater that’s sat fully on the bottom of a 100l tank

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), tom222 (09-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Hay tobluey

Tia

Those lines on aquarium heaters are the minimum they can be submerged. Both the RDWC’s and the fish tank have fully submerged heaters.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Done420 (08-02-19), GEORGE (09-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Hay tobluey

Tia

I just use aquarium heaters, they are sitting in the bottom of the epicenter. I don't heat the feed tank.
    You would struggle to heat a full system full of cold water so I tend to put warm water in to get to temperature on the initial fill then the aquarium heaters are able to hold the temperature. About £15 off ebay. I have 2 in the big flower system.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19), tom222 (09-02-19), TomKing (09-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I just use aquarium heaters, they are sitting in the bottom of the epicenter. I don't heat the feed tank.
    You would struggle to heat a full system full of cold water so I tend to put warm water in to get to temperature on the initial fill then the aquarium heaters are able to hold the temperature. About £15 off ebay. I have 2 in the big flower system.
    I was going to have the epicentre in the room so the the chiller sorts the water temps out and then have the tank outseide the room to fill when needs be with the heater in

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (09-02-19)

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast