Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: From coco to RDWC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Done420 View Post
    I was going to have the epicentre in the room so the the chiller sorts the water temps out and then have the tank outseide the room to fill when needs be with the heater in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have my epicenter offset outside of the room. alongside the feed tank. The feed tank just drip feeds very slowly so no need to heat. I had a problem with the ballcock getting gunged up from feed tank to epicenter) so I may fit a filter from the tank to the ball cock. Its not a problem if you are checking every day but could be disastrous if you went on holiday.

I don't see the point of having the epicenter inside the grow room if you have the space outside.

I don't have a filter on the main line but have tied some fine netting curtain material around the epicenter inlet from the system it is easier to get to and does collect a lots of bits. Use about a sq ft of material and pull it into a bag so the water flows freely through the netting back into the epicenter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030605.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	369851
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (09-02-19), tom222 (09-02-19)

Thanks

I was going to have the epicentre in the room so the the chiller sorts the water temps out and then have the tank outseide the room to fill when needs be with the heater in

I have my epicenter offset outside of the room. alongside the feed tank. The feed tank just drip feeds very slowly so no need to heat that. I had a problem with the ballcock getting gunged up from feed tank to epicenter) so I may fit a filter from the tank to the ball cock. Its not a problem if you are checking every day but could be disastrous if you went on holiday.

I don't see the point of having the epicenter inside the grow room if you have the space outside.

I don't have a filter on the main line but have tied some fine netting curtain material around the epicenter inlet from the system it is easier to get to and does collect a lots of bits. Use about a sq ft of material and pull it into a bag so the water flows freely through the netting back into the epicenter. Have the ends of the material hanging down it will really reduce the sound of the water falling back into the epicenter. Make sure you tie it really tight and secure as if it comes off it will float down the pipe work and block your system. I tie mine with string and an elastic band.

Last edited by toblue; 09-02-19 at 10:52 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

tom222 (09-02-19)

Thanks

Sorry double post maybe admin could remove post 111

6. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

tom222 (09-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,883 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I have my epicenter offset outside of the room. alongside the feed tank. The feed tank just drip feeds very slowly so no need to heat. I had a problem with the ballcock getting gunged up from feed tank to epicenter) so I may fit a filter from the tank to the ball cock. Its not a problem if you are checking every day but could be disastrous if you went on holiday.

I don't have a filter on the main line but have tied some fine netting curtain material around the epicenter inlet from the system it is easier to get to and does collect a lots of bits. Use about a sq ft of material and pull it into a bag so the water flows freely through the netting back into the epicenter.

Im tight in space with going for a bigger tent but that means the epicentre can just go in the tent to the side

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Done420 For This Useful Post:

tom222 (09-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I just use aquarium heaters, they are sitting in the bottom of the epicenter. I don't heat the feed tank.
    You would struggle to heat a full system full of cold water so I tend to put warm water in to get to temperature on the initial fill then the aquarium heaters are able to hold the temperature. About £15 off ebay. I have 2 in the big flower system.
    Ok lads cool. I just got a newa aquarium heater and think its ok to submerge fully.

Toms Iws Flood & drain system using coco. 2020.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...ems-using-Coco

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Done420 (09-02-19), TomKing (09-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    Ok lads cool. I just got a newa aquarium heater and think its ok to submerge fully.

All our lass said was to keeep the tank heater at an angle on the bottom and not lay it flat.

Thanks

What’s humidity levels like when using dwc? Obviously I know the water is in the buckets and not that open to the air but does humidity rise just as much as say when you got soaking coco in a tent after feed?

Thanks

What’s humidity levels like when using dwc? Obviously I know the water is in the buckets and not that open to the air but does humidity rise just as much as say when you got soaking coco in a tent after feed?

Very low at least mine are.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Done420 (10-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

I have no issues with humidity with my rdwc system and im using spray bars.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

Done420 (10-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

So far, low.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Done420 (10-02-19), tom222 (12-02-19)

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast