Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Just want to check im not rusty and wrecking my seedlings.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Jumper one other thing have i fucked it now with the gelato, im no auto guy so im not sure. Thanks
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19)

Thanks

Hello mate, from what I have read, you haven't mentioned your ph. What are you setting it to?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (11-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladymaryjane View Post
    Hello mate, from what I have read, you haven't mentioned your ph. What are you setting it to?
    Hello mate, i have been setting it to 5.8 but this is now where i start to wonder if my ph pen is fucked. I dried out a bit but it seemed to work fine. I test the pen each time before use to make sure its still going to 7 using the calibration fluid, not calibrating just using it to see if after calibration and use it still goes to 7. which it does......Mate i am scratching my head big time on this, to the point im wondering about my water supply and environment within the home....Can gassing off of treated woods do this ? see told you lol scratching at things that a mad.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19), Patrice (11-09-19)

Thanks

One other thing to mention, they seemed to stop for 3-4 days, then over 1 night they grew almost twice the size and now 2 days gone by with no movemet at all, just this purple look to the top

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,171 Times
    Provided Answers: 9

Hey mate. Sorry to hear things are going so bad. I had similar issues a while back. When germing do you monitor germ and soil temps? If the seed gets too hot then it can mush like you had.

Monitoring and controlling germ temps fixed this for me.

The seedling issues were bad soil PH for me. Do you pre soak and clean your coco in PH balanced water?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (11-09-19), Jumper114 (11-09-19), ladymaryjane (11-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (11-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    Hello mate, i have been setting it to 5.8 but this is now where i start to wonder if my ph pen is fucked. I dried out a bit but it seemed to work fine. I test the pen each time before use to make sure its still going to 7 using the calibration fluid, not calibrating just using it to see if after calibration and use it still goes to 7. which it does......Mate i am scratching my head big time on this, to the point im wondering about my water supply and environment within the home....Can gassing off of treated woods do this ? see told you lol scratching at things that a mad.
    Right mate, I found that by dropping my ph to 5.5-5.6 at the start,(I used to set it to 5.8) led to healthy seedlings and no calcium defs. Some people can start at 5.8, some at 5.7 and get the same results and I honestly think that it is dependent on your particular water source, as to what the sweet spot, so to speak is for starting them off.

You could try dropping the ph a little.

Also, you should only give rhizo or some root-stim, ph'ed of course for the first week until the first set of true leaves are established. No nutes.

As for watering, I fully water the pot so all the coco is wet, then test the weight and a day will come when the pot suddenly loses weight considerably to the day before but the coco is still damp. not dry. That's when I water next, usually 3-4 days. I increase to every other day when roots are showing and daily when they come out of most of the holes.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ladymaryjane For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19), Jumper114 (11-09-19), Patrice (11-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (11-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladymaryjane View Post
    Right mate, I found that by dropping my ph to 5.5-5.6 at the start,(I used to set it to 5.8) led to healthy seedlings and no calcium defs. Some people can start at 5.8, some at 5.7 and get the same results and I honestly think that it is dependent on your particular water source, as to what the sweet spot, so to speak is for starting them off.

You could try dropping the ph a little.

Also, you should only give rhizo or some root-stim, ph'ed of course for the first week until the first set of true leaves are established. No nutes.

As for watering, I fully water the pot so all the coco is wet, then test the weight and a day will come when the pot suddenly loses weight considerably to the day before but the coco is still damp. not dry. That's when I water next, usually 3-4 days. I increase to every other day when roots are showing and daily when they come out of most of the holes.
    Agree 100% on letting the pots dry out enough. Gotta send them roots searching. Read loads of people feeding everyday with coco regardless of the stage. Maybe they have a different environment to me but I get much better results with less feeds for the first week or two after a repot of any sized plant. Just can't let it get too dry my leaves start go curl and crisp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patrice For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19), Jumper114 (11-09-19), ladymaryjane (11-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (11-09-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,866 Times
    Provided Answers: 492

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19), Jumper114 (11-09-19), SmobyToker#1 (11-09-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    Hey up Smoby...What brand coco are using ? How often you water/feeding ? What's your light schedule ?

Regards BL
    Hello Bud the coco is canna coco professional. pots 1/2 litre and the light is 250 blue cfl around 8 inches away. The feeds started as 0.1 ish ontop of my bg ec 0.4. initially i was doing this only every few days, but then upped it to every day as some said do it twice a day. using 2mls of rhizo per litre....i did the every few days watering to get the roots searching a bit, but these lazy bastards have not moved much at all.

Its all new feeds etc

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (11-09-19), CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19)

Thanks

The only thing i didnt do and never have had to is pre charging the coco as its meant to be a use out the bag item. However i would of though a week of stright watering and nutes would wash any shit out....These started off ok, its the last 4-5 days im not seeing much

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (11-09-19), CityDweller (11-09-19), GEORGE (11-09-19)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast