Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Microbial Inoculants & Spreadsheet

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 15,810 Times

Quote Originally Posted by B1unt View Post
    The make up of it isn’t that different to any other of the products already up there (also the CFU’s are listed as a total for each species, not individually). There’s also a new UK made product called Psycho Myco which looks quite complete from the list, although no quantities are listed. I shrugged it off as it was the same price of great white.

Maybe the next step is to calculate the total volume per gram of each product & look at the cost per feeding (1 tsp = 5.69g) in relation to the CFU contents. Would give a good indication of valve for money if nothing else.

Based on a weekly dose of mixing a solution of 5 or 10L you could calculate how long the product would last too.
    "...Each species shares a row for comparison..."

I thought your thread was focused on Microbials (i.e., species), not necessarily CFU's ? IMHO the microbial count numbers don't carry a lot of weight with me. I'm more concerned about what beasties are in products for comparison, but that's just me.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

Doink (23-02-22), GEORGE (23-02-22), Samwise Gamgee (23-02-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 51,489 Times

Man I must have missed originally that this was about coco... which is silly because I know you grow in coco. It now dawns on me that you are not treating it like most here on the talk.
    That's excellent.

Not sure how to keep em fed then honestly. In soil, molasses is my buffet offering to microbial life. That's another reason I liked Recharge is that it included molasses in the mix.

Oh, in a mineral based solution, why not just drain the res and give em straight water for the last 3 weeks? Certainly makes for pretty picutures.

Always a pleasure, Doc.

B

"The footsteps of the farmer is the best fertilizer."

Welcome to The Barnyard

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to barney_b For This Useful Post:

Doink (23-02-22), GEORGE (23-02-22), mpsj (23-02-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by barney_b View Post
    Man I must have missed originally that this was about coco... which is silly because I know you grow in coco. It now dawns on me that you are not treating it like most here on the talk.
    That's excellent.

Not sure how to keep em fed then honestly. In soil, molasses is my buffet offering to microbial life. That's another reason I liked Recharge is that it included molasses in the mix.

Oh, in a mineral based solution, why not just drain the res and give em straight water for the last 3 weeks? Certainly makes for pretty picutures.

Always a pleasure, Doc.

B
    As far as " how to keep em fed " all they need is a source of carbon. So long as you have organic content in your soil that should be enough to sustain them via decomposition. That's how it works in nature.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

barney_b (23-02-22), Doink (23-02-22), GEORGE (23-02-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times

Quote Originally Posted by DoinkBrah View Post
    Just a heads up. I was talking to Samwise about the RAW line earlier, as I'm currently using RAW Omina. And he suggested that their recommended amounts might be a bit off.
    I have found this with their Amino Acids (Omina), the amount specified on the packet unusually is pretty low, they recommend about 0.5g per litre, where as I have found the sweet spot on my grows to be around 2g per litre.

The RAW Microbes I haven't tried, and TBH one of the issues you have with these beneficial enzymes and microbes is how do you measure their effectiveness?. Yield is usually the way we tend to measure most things, or we tend to do it by eye, and how our plants look and grow when using it, or if we encounter issues. The problem with these type of products, is they are really only making things more available to the plants, or breaking molecules down into ions that are more readily available to the plants. So you need to make sure your using a very good all in one nutrient solution or soil, before they are of any benefit.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-02-22), Doink (23-02-22), GEORGE (23-02-22), IceCalibur (23-02-22), mpsj (23-02-22)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,271 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mpsj View Post
    "...Each species shares a row for comparison..."

I thought your thread was focused on Microbials (i.e., species), not necessarily CFU's ? IMHO the microbial count numbers don't carry a lot of weight with me. I'm more concerned about what beasties are in products for comparison, but that's just me.
    I think the total quantities are worth taking into consideration, especially when comparing the cost of each product.

I'm more concerned about what beasties are in products for comparison, but that's just me.
    This is why I am warming towards additional inoculations of Great White as opposed to adding an additional product is the bet best. Plus I already have a tub

As far as " how to keep em fed " all they need is a source of carbon. So long as you have organic content in your soil that should be enough to sustain them via decomposition. That's how it works in nature.
    No soil.
    No organic content.
    I guess that wasn't clear

That's excellent.
    It was actually about microbes originally

Isn't recharge a dry powder? Molasses is also in Photosynthesis Plus & Mammoth P, but they're liquids (assuming the microbes are live in the bottle & molasses is their food source while in transit (or whatever).

Because I feel like I am starving them not giving them nutes

Because if she fades out naturally, leaving nutrients in the medium it was on her own term & when she was ready.

Always a pleasure, Doc.

B
    B1unt XIII: Chemdogging & Sour Diesel - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-for...post1071304159

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (24-02-22), Doink (12-03-22), GEORGE (23-02-22), IceCalibur (23-02-22), mpsj (23-02-22)

Thanks

Fun fact the Microbes in Mammoth P are specifically chosen for the breakdown of phosphorus.

Doesn’t explain why no other products contain the same strains of bacteria, but at least it gives an indication on how & when to use it

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

Blue61 (12-03-22), GEORGE (12-03-22), IceCalibur (13-03-22)

13. Default

May have already been touched upon in this thread (I haven't re-checked), but I've been seeing another that might be worth checking called 'Psycho Myco' ..what can I say, I like the name lol

'Psycho Myco' ingredients ;

5 Trichoderma (20million prop/spores/gram)

- Trichoderma hamatum

- Trichoderma harzianum

- Trichoderma koningii

- Trichoderma longibrachiatum

- Trichoderma reesei

9 Endo Mycorrhizae (230 prop/spores per gram)

- Glomus clarum

- Glous intraradices

- Glomus Mosseae

- Glomus deserticola

- Glomus monosporus

- Paraglomus brasilianum

- Glomus ectunicatum

- Glomus aggregatum

- Gigaspora margarita

9 Ecto Mycorrhizae (230 prop/spores per gram)

- Rhizopogon amylpogon

- Rhizopogon fulvigleba

- Rhizopogon luteolus (5.5m/g)

- Rhizopogon villosuli

- Lacarria laccata

- Lacarria bicolor (5.5mil/g)

- Psiolithus tinctorius (500mil/g)

- Scleroderma cepa

- Scleroderma citrinum 3.5mil/g

Beneficial Bacteria (2 billion prop/spores per gram)

- Bacillus amyloliquefaciens

- Bacillus brevis

- Bacillus circulans

- Bacillus coagulans

- Bacillus firmus

- Bacillus laterosporus

- Bacillus licheniformis

- Bacillus megaterium

- Bacillus mycoides

- Bacillus pasteurii

- Bacillus plymyxa

- Bacillus subtillis

- Virigibacillus halodenitrificans

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-04-22), mpsj (07-04-22)

Thanks

I’ll add that to the list at some point (I will add it’s the same price per gram as Great White).

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B1unt For This Useful Post:

barney_b (06-04-22), GEORGE (06-04-22)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IceCalibur View Post
    May have already been touched upon in this thread (I haven't re-checked), but I've been seeing another that might be worth checking called 'Psycho Myco' ..what can I say, I like the name lol

'Psycho Myco' ingredients ;

5 Trichoderma (20million prop/spores/gram)

- Trichoderma hamatum

- Trichoderma harzianum

- Trichoderma koningii

- Trichoderma longibrachiatum

- Trichoderma reesei

9 Endo Mycorrhizae (230 prop/spores per gram)

- Glomus clarum

- Glous intraradices

- Glomus Mosseae

- Glomus deserticola

- Glomus monosporus

- Paraglomus brasilianum

- Glomus ectunicatum

- Glomus aggregatum

- Gigaspora margarita

9 Ecto Mycorrhizae (230 prop/spores per gram)

- Rhizopogon amylpogon

- Rhizopogon fulvigleba

- Rhizopogon luteolus (5.5m/g)

- Rhizopogon villosuli

- Lacarria laccata

- Lacarria bicolor (5.5mil/g)

- Psiolithus tinctorius (500mil/g)

- Scleroderma cepa

- Scleroderma citrinum 3.5mil/g

Beneficial Bacteria (2 billion prop/spores per gram)

- Bacillus amyloliquefaciens

- Bacillus brevis

- Bacillus circulans

- Bacillus coagulans

- Bacillus firmus

- Bacillus laterosporus

- Bacillus licheniformis

- Bacillus megaterium

- Bacillus mycoides

- Bacillus pasteurii

- Bacillus plymyxa

- Bacillus subtillis

- Virigibacillus halodenitrificans
    Certainly covers the major categories.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to mpsj For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-22)

Thanks

Nice1 mate!!
    could you put Plant Magic Granuals on there??

also while you were reseaching did you come any info about synthetic nutes killing bennies???

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Peter For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-04-22)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast