Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clay pebbles struggle

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,671 Times

Default Clay pebbles struggle

Hi all struggling to get the ph down on my clay pebbles there washed and clean but I’ve soaked them in ph 5.5 3 times and goes back to around ph 7 within a few hours any idea would be greatly appreciated

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dizzydave For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19), MonsterEnergy (25-01-19), weedjunkie420 (25-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzydave View Post
    Hi all struggling to get the ph down on my clay pebbles there washed and clean but I’ve soaked them in ph 5.5 3 times and goes back to around ph 7 within a few hours any idea would be greatly appreciated
    Sack the clay pebbles dude and use growstones instead. Will save you a lot of heart ache down the line. That’s just my opinion mate others will know a lot more than me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (25-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), MonsterEnergy (25-01-19)

Thanks

I also sacked the rock wool mate and went for coco coir pellets. I ran into lots of issues two previous grows using clay pebbles and rock wool

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedjunkie420 View Post
    Sack the clay pebbles dude and use growstones instead. Will save you a lot of heart ache down the line. That’s just my opinion mate others will know a lot more than me

Growstones is the way I wanted to go after some advise from Reds but no longer available in the uk unfortunately

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dizzydave For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19), MonsterEnergy (25-01-19), weedjunkie420 (25-01-19)

Thanks

Growstones is the way I wanted to go after some advise from Reds but no longer available in the uk unfortunately
    Mate I live in the UK and got a massive bag delivered. I’ll text the missus here and try and find the website for you. However think one of the rules is I can’t post links on here. Is any mod able to jump in and tell me if I can private message the info to you?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weedjunkie420 For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (25-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), MonsterEnergy (25-01-19), toblue (25-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Never had a ph problem using Gold Label hydroton and Grodan rockwool cubes. The pebbles need to be thoroughly washed and ph'd though...not sure why yours are rising ph?

How long did you clean, soak and ph the pebbles? I leave them for a few weeks to make absolutely sure.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhIpLaSh View Post
    Never had a ph problem using Gold Label hydroton and Grodan rockwool cubes. The pebbles need to be thoroughly washed and ph'd though...not sure why yours are rising ph?

How long did you clean, soak and ph the pebbles? I leave them for a few weeks to make absolutely sure.
    There thoroughly washed leaving no colour in the water 3 days I’ve had them soaking with 3 water changes of 5.5 and all ended up at around 7 tempted to dry them out and then put them in ph 3 and see if I get somewhere in the middle, not if if it would work or not

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dizzydave For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19), MonsterEnergy (25-01-19), WhIpLaSh (25-01-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weedjunkie420 View Post
    Mate I live in the UK and got a massive bag delivered. I’ll text the missus here and try and find the website for you. However think one of the rules is I can’t post links on here. Is any mod able to jump in and tell me if I can private message the info to you?

That would be great cheers I tried everywhere and was told the same story that the company that made them were
    Given and insensitive by the government for recycling but now they have stopped the prices went up and who Ever the supplier was didn’t find it cost effective to import them anymore

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzydave For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-01-19), MonsterEnergy (25-01-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

There thoroughly washed leaving no colour in the water 3 days I’ve had them soaking with 3 water changes of 5.5 and all ended up at around 7 tempted to dry them out and then put them in ph 3 and see if I get somewhere in the middle, not if if it would work or not
    Very strange. I'd be tempted to try a low ph soak myself but I genuinely don't know if that's the best thing to do or not...wish I could be more help

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,003 Times

I usually just rinse mine in tap water thoroughly till no more dust is coming off them. When I used the Wilma they didn’t affect the ph and although i use less of them now in net pots I still don’t ph them. And not noticed and mad ph drifts in the last few years
    5 minute rinse straight out the bag and put to use. Not saying soaking and phing the water is wrong just that I don’t and I’ve no ill effects from it.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger-bud For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (26-01-19), GEORGE (27-01-19), MonsterEnergy (25-01-19), WhIpLaSh (25-01-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast