Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New member representing London Seed Centre

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 52,398 Times

Welcome guys.only a matter of time before I grow some bangers for ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BB For This Useful Post:

British green (14-02-19), GasMan (13-02-19), Gaz (13-02-19), LondonSeedCentre (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (13-02-19), redisiel (14-02-19), Sadface (14-02-19), Wags (13-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Welcome Jacob my friend.

Bit early to start throwing questions at you!

I know you are a distributor of seeds and not a breeder but when you give flowering times for strains (apart from paste and copy from breeders sites) in your opinion is it from flip or from first sign of flowers around 2 weeks in. I emailed Barneys and they said from flip but it is still a topic that will put growers on either side of the fence.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (13-02-19), GasMan (13-02-19), Gaz (14-02-19), LondonSeedCentre (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (13-02-19), Sadface (14-02-19), Trex (13-02-19), Valentina (14-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,499 Times

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    Welcome bro!

Thank you, GasMan!

Quote Originally Posted by BB View Post
    Welcome guys.only a matter of time before I grow some bangers for ya

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    Welcome Jacob my friend.

I know you are a distributor of seeds and not a breeder but when you give flowering times for strains (apart from paste and copy from breeders sites) in your opinion is it from flip or from first sign of flowers around 2 weeks in. I emailed Barneys and they said from flip but it is still a topic that will put growers on either side of the fence.
    Hi toblue,

While we're really happy to be on this forum and love contributing to the conversation, there is one thing we're not able to discuss for legal reasons, and that is growing.

We can offer advice on the most popular strains, history of seedbanks and their reputations, of course anything to do with customer service related to the LSC, but we simply can't talk shop with you guys.

I hope you understand.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LondonSeedCentre For This Useful Post:

British green (14-02-19), Gaz (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-02-19), M_C (20-02-19), redisiel (14-02-19), Sadface (14-02-19), toblue (14-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Welcome Jacob my friend.

From 1st signs of flowers . Think about the natural world seasons don't just start they generally blend into each . So when ya flick the switch too 12/12 the summer may have started in your room but the plants need time to adjust into the new season. By the time they have adjusted you see flowers starting to grow and then flowering has begun

in a green and pleasant land

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (14-02-19), Gaz (14-02-19), LondonSeedCentre (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-02-19), redisiel (14-02-19), Sadface (14-02-19), toblue (14-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LondonSeedCentre View Post
    Thank you, GasMan!

Hi toblue,

While we're really happy to be on this forum and love contributing to the conversation, there is one thing we're not able to discuss for legal reasons, and that is growing.

We can offer advice on the most popular strains, history of seed banks and their reputations, of course anything to do with customer service related to the LSC, but we simply can't talk shop with you guys.

I hope you understand.
    Yes Fully understand, just didn't think before I asked, didn't mean to put you in an awkward position

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

British green (14-02-19), Gaz (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-02-19), redisiel (14-02-19), Sadface (14-02-19), Spliff man (17-02-19), Wags (14-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Welcome aboard jacob

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

British green (14-02-19), Gaz (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-02-19), redisiel (14-02-19), Sadface (14-02-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    From 1st signs of flowers . Think about the natural world seasons don't just start they generally blend into each . So when ya flick the switch too 12/12 the summer may have started in your room but the plants need time to adjust into the new season. By the time they have adjusted you see flowers starting to grow and then flowering has begun

I am with you BG but I suppose the question is have breeders factored the time it takes for plants to start to flower into the final total flowering time they give. They always give 5 days or so 65-70 days etc to allow for different growing situations. I know it is only a guide and you need to go off your plants but when buying seeds it would be nice to have a guide knowing if the two weeks or so before flowers start to show is or isn't included in their estimate which I presume is assessed when the breeders actually grow the plant.

As mentioned Barneys told me theirs are based on total time from flip.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

British green (14-02-19), Gaz (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-02-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I am with you BG but I suppose the question is have breeders factored the time it takes for plants to start to flower into the final total flowering time they give. They always give 5 days or so 65-70 days etc to allow for different growing situations. I know it is only a guide and you need to go off your plants but when buying seeds it would be nice to have a guide knowing if the two weeks or so before flowers start to show is or isn't included in their estimate which I presume is assessed when the breeders actually grow the plant.

As mentioned Barneys told me theirs are based on total time from flip.
    I think Barneys lie then or they count from the flip of the plants and not the flip of the lights. Many years ago a breeder from kc brains explained to me just like I did to you using the seasons .

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

AND (14-02-19), Gaz (14-02-19), Ironman (14-02-19), MonsterEnergy (14-02-19), toblue (14-02-19)

Thanks

Yes Fully understand, just didn't think before I asked, didn't mean to put you in an awkward position
    No worries at all mate

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Welcome aboard jacob
    Thanks Blue!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LondonSeedCentre For This Useful Post:

Gaz (15-02-19), MonsterEnergy (20-02-19)

Thanks

No worries mate, you didn't I just had to make that clear

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Welcome aboard jacob
    Thanks Blue!

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LondonSeedCentre For This Useful Post:

Gaz (15-02-19), MonsterEnergy (20-02-19), toblue (15-02-19)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast