Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Feeding with your wilma

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,505 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Nappa View Post
    Hi bro I grow In coco with wilmas too love it - piss easy too.

When they are young 1 x 15 minute feed a day at lights on

Late veg/early flower 2 x 15 minute feeds per day 1st one lights on then half way through.

Mid flower 3 x 15 minute feeds

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    What would you class as late veg mate? Only asking as I am thinking should I up it too two already? they been in these pots about 2weeks now and have plenty of roots.

Also did you ever notice your plants grow thin? I am wondering if thats linked to them only getting 1 feed as when i hand watered it wasn't daily but would notice thicker branches. Maybe though its just where the growing is so fast and they will thicken up over time as i have to say the wilma is a lot faster than when i hand watered.

I will get there in the end lol this grows gonna just be for me to learn what does and doesn't work. Thanks for the reply though appreciate it man

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-17), Nappa (02-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

I ran my pump 3~4 times for 15 mins during lights on flower & veg doing modded wilma with coco they loved it....You could run them constantly or just when the lights are on it won't make much difference, as long as you keep fresh oxygenated feed going through the roots at the right temperature you can't go wrong....

Regards BL

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

BritishBotanics (27-12-17), GEORGE (27-12-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,977 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Lightyear View Post
    I ran my pump 3~4 times for 15 mins during lights on flower & veg doing modded wilma with coco they loved it....You could run them constantly or just when the lights are on it won't make much difference, as long as you keep fresh oxygenated feed going through the roots at the right temperature you can't go wrong....

Regards BL
    Wait a min.... whaaat. Youve done coco + dwc bud? You got a diary ? Iv been thinking of doing the same thing but was worried about root rot. Etc

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBotanics For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-12-17)

Thanks

That looks proper good bud. I solved my watering issues more a less but had ready ordered the Wilma by then. Well happy with how fast they've grown and the amount of roots. Honestly when I think they've only been in two weeks and the speed they've grown is mad.

Only concern now is they seem to have thin branches? When I hand watered they started even thicker than these are. The growth was slower though, could the fast growth rate be causing them to be thinner? Or is it a sign they want two feeds now? I reckon they could handle it and suppose if they can't ill just go back to one. Sure years ago when I used a Wilma I'd of flipped these already but since learning more I prefer less plants and vegging for longer. I want these at least double this size when I flip them. I only ask about increasing the watering as I once was paranoid about fucking up plants and I'd hand water them to the point they'd never go thirsty but wasn't giving them enough water and the plants grew proper small.

I'm going to hand water these in flower purely because the Wilma has the pots close together. Am happy to just use the Wilma to kick them off and get some decent roots. Will help prevent me from fucking any thing up lol. Also I'm going to run a diary, I got some before photos and can show where I'm up to now. Can just help remind me how things went first time round when I'm growing again and hopefully be abit of help to anyone else even if its how not too fuck things up lol.
    Last edited by bazilbrush; 27-12-17 at 11:53 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-18), Nappa (02-01-18)

Thanks

Well that's them set on two 15minute feeds while lights are on. I think next run ill be switching it too two feeds bang on the end of week 2. That's providing I don't wake up tomorrow to over watered plants lol I doubt it though. Some pots are heavier than others guess they wasn't rooted as well.

Anyway I brought the Wilma to fix a problem and its done that. I'm gonna switch back to hand watering on Monday. I know it kills the purpose of having the Wilma but like I say the pots are too close for my liking. I only got it to fix a problem, have plenty of good roots now so with watering too run off I'm sure they'll be taking a daily watering in no time.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hoping as the root system is already there when I switch to hand watering they drink quickly and so can have them watered daily. Think the Wilma gives such fast growth that the plants grow skinny as don't have time to thicken up. Proper ugly looking plants lol but another week or two hand watering and I am hoping they'll look better. Ill shove a photo up in an hour or so when the other tents light comes on.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-18)

Thanks

Ahh ffs ipads playing up will have to sort it out tomorrow and post some photos. It just seems to me thin branches but put it down to the speedy growth not giving them enough time to thicken. Also pots got lighter than I'd of liked them never went droopy but next time will be whacking up the feeds before hand. Tomorrow I'm gonna Drain the Wilma and then hand water for 2 weeks tops before flipping them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171220_2006098_rewind.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	354942  

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-18)

Thanks

Okay will try again, these was taken on the 20th

Attachment 355004

Attachment 355005

Attachment 355006

Then 10 days later this is the growth, if the plants look hungry they aren't its just the shit camera sometimes come out light but they are a healthy shade of green. Only bad thing is they look ugly due to the revegging.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171230_1929399_rewind.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	355009

Name:	IMG_20171230_1950548_rewind.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	355008

Name:	IMG_20171230_1933575_rewind.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	355007

Tonight was the first night I have gone to hand watering. Only because I felt the branches was looking thin and put that down to the speed of the growth maybe? Also I feel the pots got lighter than what they was when getting a feed once a day with the Wilma. Never showed no droopy leaves with that so shouldn't of let the weight of the pot go below that I feel. If the leaves look droopy I promise you its the mutant leave from revegging.

So next time I will use the Wilma again BUT up the feeding to twice a day to keep the pots fairly heavy. Would say from two weeks it'll be going up to two feeds and will keep an eye on them and see how that works. Am hoping with those roots in place I can hand water more often than it usually takes to get onto daily watering.

Seems first three attachments ain't worked dunno why but can check the single pic in the above post to get an idea of what they looked like 10 days before the photos shown.
    Last edited by bazilbrush; 02-01-18 at 03:35 AM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,851 Times

I would keep them on auto feed. Why switch back to hand watering?

Judging by the colour of them you need go up your EC hense the thin branches no doubt. What's your current EC?

A feed at lights on and a feed half way during lights on wouldn't be a bad move and deffo won't hurt them.

From the pics they are 100% underfed and the coco looks dry too.

Tell us what EC your using?

What PH your using?

And.. how many feeds per day?

Peace
    Currently Growing Royal Queen's Critical and Humboldt's Blue Dream in Wilma 2000 Watts - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-RQS-Critical

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nappa For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (03-01-18)

Thanks

I switched to hand watering again just because when doing that I would have thicker branches plus I plan on hand watering during flower anyway as the Wilma has the pots to close together.

I agree the coco looks dry and I did up the Wilma to be feeding them twice exactly the times you said and the plants never went droopy. I think I should have done it sooner though to be honest. Hopefully this will be worded right and make sense. When feeding once a day the pots would always feel heavy, but the plant never looked over watered. By the time I switched to two feeds the pots was feeling lighter than they did when getting the one feed a day. That's why in future I want to switch the feed to two feeds bang on the second week so that the pot stays heavy.

Also you say the coco looks dry, I agree but the top started to look dry and I guessed that was because the dripper watering down the arrow? Under the surface could see the corner where the dripper was and around that area was nice and wet.

I hand watered and gave them an ec of 1 and ph was at 6. They don't look nearly as hungry in real life though ill try get a photo using my phone so can see them better. If that sounds too low though I don't mind upping the ec again, they aren't the darkest of leaves so I know it wouldnt hurt.

Cheers for taking the time to post though nappa appreciate it man. Be good to know exactly what I'm doing next time round with the Wilma. Already think I want to make those changes with upping the amount of times they are watered sooner.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bazilbrush For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast