Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: Droop

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

I've grown over 300 seed plants with RO water and never had a calmag issue with any of them. The only additive was Liquid Silicon used as pH up because the lucas formula + RO is pH 5.2.

I can see there being a calmag issue if weak nutes are used.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-10-21), Samwise Gamgee (19-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 17,171 Times
    Provided Answers: 22

Quote Originally Posted by Farmer Geddon View Post
    I've grown over 300 seed plants with RO water and never had a calmag issue with any of them. The only additive was Liquid Silicon used as pH up because the lucas formula + RO is pH 5.2.

I can see there being a calmag issue if weak nutes are used.
    I think the problem was, that the feeding schedule was more designed for soil, rather coco.

In coco you dont need to dry the pots out, everyday you need to put enough feed through the pots, so it flushes out the old nutes and replaces with new nutes. This also replaces the oxygen content of feed, but ideally you should oxygenate your feed before feeding, with an air pump and a couple of water stones.

If you treat coco like soil, and wait for it to dry out, you will only be feeding your plants once a week, in soil that is fine, as the plants will get the nutrients from the soil. But in coco, which is inert and has no nutrional value, the plants will be underfed, and show issues
    Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 19-10-21 at 08:51 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samwise Gamgee For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (19-10-21), GEORGE (19-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 20,238 Times

afaik, as long as there is drainage, the only passive hydro medium that can be overwatered is vermiculite. With perlite/vermiculite as media, feeding twice a day can kill the plant. Guess how I know that?

The theory goes that as runoff falls out the bottom of the pot, fresh air is drawn in from the top. Giving the roots more oxygen. Autopots kinda destroy that theory as they don't have runoff and the plants grow just fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Farmer Geddon For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-10-21)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,381 Times

Just an update on the girls not long now from chop but them buds look lush getting purple now and the smell going it knocks you back Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VideoCapture_20211122-214333.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	411525Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VideoCapture_20211122-214409.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	411526

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy bud For This Useful Post:

Farmer Geddon (23-11-21), GEORGE (23-11-21)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8