Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need some help as usual please before i throw the towel in thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,297 Times

Default Need some help as usual please before i throw the towel in thanks

Hi like it says i'm really pissed off now, i have tried to do 4 autos 2 at 2 different times now and none of them have made it past 28 days, i know 99% of it is my fault but i just don't know why i'm struggling so much, the only ok looking one that got to 28 days was a rqs quick one and it was tiny at that stage, i think it died due to a stupid watering schedule and it was underwatered, i asked for and got some good advice on here but as i'm unable to post any good quality pictures with an old shite phone it's hard to help me really, basically the way i've been doing it is the paper towel way, then putting it into the soil and watering it using a bottle with holes in the top a couple of times a day and i haven't got to use any nutrients yet, my humidity hasn't been the best mostly between low 30's to high 30's could that be why they have stayed tiny ?
    and the temps have mainly been between 25-28c, i think my main mess up is with the way i've been watering, as when i do it i usually go around the middle then the outside but i seen on a video yesterday and a guy said water in the middle till they get older, one thing i've noticed as well is the couple that have got to 3 weeks the lower leaves start to turn yellow and fall off, i don't check the water ph but have done a couple of random times and it's 6-7 using the paper sheets
    i start them with the mars 300 light at 23 inch could this be messing them up, should i use my dual spec 300w cfl till they get older, also i've had the mars lights on 24/7 do yus reckon i should cut that down to 18/6 my intake on the growdrobe is passive would it be better if it was a fan sucking the air in

so i'm wondering if i should soak my soil before planting the seed and do yus just spray the soil for a few days or water the whole pot or just the middle till it gets older

should i start them with the cfl instead of the led's

i've read they shouldn't be transplanted but then i've read that it would be easier to start them in a smaller pot first

cheers and sorry for the moan lol
    cheers

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), Greengrass (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,778 Times

If you have any more auto seeds & need mentoring through a grow then drop me a PM & I'll see if I can get you to that elusive harvest
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

cough (29-02-20), curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), Gaz (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), ggotch (12-06-19), IceCalibur (12-06-19), iwallace (12-06-19), Kurdt (12-06-19), lipnobody (15-06-19), Monsterdad (13-06-19), prime (12-06-19), RASTA (12-06-19), Sadface (12-06-19), scorpion (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,828 Times

Quote Originally Posted by skunkblast View Post
    Hi like it says i'm really pissed off now, i have tried to do 4 autos 2 at 2 different times now and none of them have made it past 28 days, i know 99% of it is my fault but i just don't know why i'm struggling so much, the only ok looking one that got to 28 days was a rqs quick one and it was tiny at that stage, i think it died due to a stupid watering schedule and it was underwatered, i asked for and got some good advice on here but as i'm unable to post any good quality pictures with an old shite phone it's hard to help me really, basically the way i've been doing it is the paper towel way, then putting it into the soil and watering it using a bottle with holes in the top a couple of times a day and i haven't got to use any nutrients yet, my humidity hasn't been the best mostly between low 30's to high 30's could that be why they have stayed tiny ?
    and the temps have mainly been between 25-28c, i think my main mess up is with the way i've been watering, as when i do it i usually go around the middle then the outside but i seen on a video yesterday and a guy said water in the middle till they get older, one thing i've noticed as well is the couple that have got to 3 weeks the lower leaves start to turn yellow and fall off, i don't check the water ph but have done a couple of random times and it's 6-7 using the paper sheets
    i start them with the mars 300 light at 23 inch could this be messing them up, should i use my dual spec 300w cfl till they get older, also i've had the mars lights on 24/7 do yus reckon i should cut that down to 18/6 my intake on the growdrobe is passive would it be better if it was a fan sucking the air in

so i'm wondering if i should soak my soil before planting the seed and do yus just spray the soil for a few days or water the whole pot or just the middle till it gets older

i've read they shouldn't be transplanted but then i've read that it would be easier to start them in a smaller pot first

cheers
    I feel you buddy can be painful this hobby!

I'm not experienced enough to advise really dude. Although I had more success starting them with a cfl than led so that might be a start (however it's not like it's a 1000w led at 12"... So now I'm doubting myself lol).

Other than that let's hope some of the experts can come give you a few pointers. Good to vent though, better out than in!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to curiouscultivator For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), Greengrass (12-06-19), IceCalibur (12-06-19), scorpion (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Did you say you water a few times a day?

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), Greengrass (12-06-19), scorpion (12-06-19)

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by skunkblast View Post

cheers
    No need to apologise for having a moan, hell we all need to from time to time...its good that you shared how you were feeling instead of just jacking it in. Do not worry in the slightest, there are many experienced growers in this community that will help you reach your goal..and having M_C on dial means you will reach your goal in no time mate no worries at all!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to IceCalibur For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), Greengrass (12-06-19), scorpion (12-06-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Hi mate sorry to hear your woes
    Yes humidity plays a massive factor for a seedling, up until around a couple of weeks from sprouting the roots can't be big enough to grow the plant and the more water you tip in to the pot it will likely just sit there and your roots are not developed enough to handle a load of water so need to take enough moisture through her leaves

So that's why your rh is more important at a young age
    With temps high the plant can't drink enough to keep the leaves moist
    Get your humidity to atleast 60-70% and watch seedlings take off
    Around £40 will get you a 5l humidifier enough for jyst a couple of plants
    Sorry if bad explanation, just did a night shift
    Gl fella

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), IceCalibur (12-06-19), scorpion (12-06-19)

Thanks

dude.............take M.C offer up....snap it up b4 other do.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to iwallace For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), Greengrass (12-06-19), Kurdt (12-06-19), scorpion (12-06-19)

Thanks

Your PH needs to be between 5.5 and 6.5 mate. I use advanced nutrients which automatically balance the PH. During veg your humidity needs to be much higher.. at least 65%, try chucking a wet towel in the corner of your grow room to raise it until you get a humidifier

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Gatherer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    If you have any more auto seeds & need mentoring through a grow then drop me a PM & I'll see if I can get you to that elusive harvest
    cheers m8 i appreciate that i have got a few left but wasn't sure if it was worth it again without a humidifier?
    cheers

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19), M_C (12-06-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curiouscultivator View Post
    I feel you buddy can be painful this hobby!

I'm not experienced enough to advise really dude. Although I had more success starting them with a cfl than led so that might be a start (however it's not like it's a 1000w led at 12"... So now I'm doubting myself lol).

Other than that let's hope some of the experts can come give you a few pointers. Good to vent though, better out than in!

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
    cheers m8 i appreciate you reading and commenting and it does get you down when it doesn't work out but hopefully the next one will be THE ONE lol
    cheers

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scorpion For This Useful Post:

curiouscultivator (12-06-19), G' (12-06-19), GEORGE (12-06-19)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast