Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: GB's No Expense Spent Guide to Making Squidgy Black Hash

Donkey Rocket Champion! Asteroids 2k3 Champion! Lift Champion! Bunny Grab Champion! Duck Tracker Champion!
    Thanks

Il give it a bash when Iv gathered enough shite

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dbuk For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (17-09-12)

trumptummy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by goodbuddy View Post
    absolutely, notice the 'quotes'

I did qualify the post with 'gumby' and mention that the cleaner the extract the better the product, There was actually very little plant matter in there, a couple of leaf tips to pick out is all, and the smoothness of the smoke, clean high, lack of hennas/additives, totally oiled fingers and mega-fluff-up on heating are all positives in my book. But, it is a 'No Expense Spent' guide and still stands imho Not everyone has access to the finest full melt but most growers on here have access to jungles of leaves
    Spot on mate. I have done it this way a few times and it works great. Alternatively once you have syphoned the water off you can filter the remaining mixture through tea filters to collect the keif, it works great.

There are bugger all contaminants, when you make it you can visibly see it's just trichs floating around in there.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to trumptummy For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (19-09-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,681 Times

Quality thread goodbuddy,

Its an absolute must on the "things to do" list mate, cant wait to give this one a whirl

Cheers mukka

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Winstun For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-09-12)

Thanks

Just done this now ...at the letting it settle bit....could i just stick all the water in and boil it off i used a second screen after the sieve which was one of them car window shades for the back seats basically like women's tights so got pretty much all the matter out

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

If you want to waste gas/leccy boiling off all that water then fine, much easier and quicker to syphon it off though

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,124 Times

Quote Originally Posted by milkcrates View Post
    Just done this now ...at the letting it settle bit....could i just stick all the water in and boil it off i used a second screen after the sieve which was one of them car window shades for the back seats basically like women's tights so got pretty much all the matter out
    Don't boil your thc resin... You're far better off smoking it, unless you've got a well sealed sauna

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggbox For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (09-08-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,112 Times

Default GB's No Expense Spent Guide to Making Squidgy Black Hash

Nice simple guide GB, been saving up sugar leaves in a large plastic tub for the last few grows, when I got enough I am going to make some hash, was thinking of using the 'dry ice in a mesh bag' method but might try this one instead.

Sent from my Wifes old iPhone using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stimpy For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,681 Times

Eyup goodbuddy

So i cropped last night but forgot to catch up on this thread first . . . anyways . . .

I saved all of the trim from my two black widows , small fans and sugar leaves but ive dropped a bollock and chopped up most of the stalk into it too ffs Just habit coz i chop em into small pieces so they dont poke holes in the bin liners when i take my harvest time trip down the woods lol . . . What a dick i am ! Meant to have a quick recap on the thread before harvest n'all !

It is currently laid out in a tray on my groom floor in the dark intake and extraction on, and a small floor fan circulating the air .... so the question is would i be better removing the stalk, i mean will it effect how the end product turns out ? ie less potency . . . Just give me your honest opinioin, i really dont mind picking out 10,000 1 inch pieces of stalk if it going to make a better end product lol

Also when you say cure, you mean so its not crispy dry, its still supple etc ? Sorry for all the questions, never dried cured or frozen trim before, usually just dump it as i said before

Cheers in advance mukka
    Last edited by Winstun; 21-10-12 at 09:22 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Winstun For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (21-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 16,999 Times

Hi Winstun

I had mine well dried out and stored away for a bit, so that was the dry/cure, not exactly the same as the bud cure but about the same. It wasn't anywhere near as green as some other goes I've had as the chlorophyl has broken down making for a 'cleaner' extract.

I'd probably not be too worried about all the stem bits t.b.h, they will float to the top of the ice mix anyway, and may help to detach the trichy goodness from all the trim when mixing it up

You could easily just put it all in the freezer without drying and get a similar product, just more chance of it being greener (and not tasting as good) if not dried off first

If you've got bubble-bags or similar, then putting the stems in will knock f*ck out of them a lot quicker.

Hope this helps

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Goodbuddy For This Useful Post:

Winstun (22-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Good method, Buddy

I wonder... Would a salad spinner be effective at getting the last of the liquid out of the plant matter during the colander/sieve stage?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Goodbuddy (22-10-12), Winstun (22-10-12)

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast