Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Semi Detached House question

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

Aspie is it possible for you to hang something like a curtain pole around six inches away from the said wall and just hang some really heavy curtain's or a roll of carpet under lay up on it . The noise will be greatly reduced by the cavity inbetween the curtain and the wall . If this is not possible you would best hanging it straight against the wall . The foam underlay would absorb some sound like that . But best if you can create a cavity . The old fashioned way of sound proofing a wall with egg boxes actually works but isn't brilliant but it's the shape of the boxes and not the material that makes them good at absorbing sound . A few old duvets hung on the wall ?

merry Christmas from the north pole

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

M_C (21-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Money , tell me about it , in one hand out the other FFS , i think we all in the same boat for christ sake .

Acoustic is pricey though i cant afford that shit either 40$ covers 48" sq per batt ... what you can do to stop fan vibrations , is use rubber washers if bolted , or bungee straps if suspended . nothing carries sound like cheap hard plastic and metal tubing , . it actaully amplifies it.
    There are times when I don't even have it in the hand for it to be taken away. My earnings have dived over the last 2-3 years. That's why I had to start growing my own, as I didn't have enough to buy any. Each year, it gets worse.

I have the fan inside a large cardboard box which is filled with foam and suchlike. Underneath that I have approximately 10" of foam, and some between the box and the wall. There's no vibrations, but you can hear the whooshing sound when the fan is turned up high. Not so bad during the day, but at night you can hear a flea fart.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (21-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Aspie is it possible for you to hang something like a curtain pole around six inches away from the said wall and just hang some really heavy curtain's or a roll of carpet under lay up on it . The noise will be greatly reduced by the cavity inbetween the curtain and the wall . If this is not possible you would best hanging it straight against the wall . The foam underlay would absorb some sound like that . But best if you can create a cavity . The old fashioned way of sound proofing a wall with egg boxes actually works but isn't brilliant but it's the shape of the boxes and not the material that makes them good at absorbing sound . A few old duvets hung on the wall ?

The underlay in this room is shit. I've seen sheets of paper that are thicker. It was the only room that the wife didn't have done when we moved in. I've been round all the carpet shops around here for any off-cuts, and they all said they didn't have any. So, the tent itself is on flattened boxes that I got from the hydro shop. That's proved successful from hearing the tent from downstairs.

The two things that make any noise is the LED light - which is already hanging, and the Rhino fan (which uses acoustic ducting and padded well) It's the whooshing in the fan.

I have managed to find the camera and I've taken some pics. I'll have to shut down for a while and use the craptop.

Back later chaps.

TAT

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-12-16), British green (21-12-16), M_C (21-12-16), Trex (21-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I was only talking about soundproofing the wall not your

8. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

M_C (21-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

When you walk into the room, this what you'll see...

The alcove on the right holds a CFL with a seedling.
    The black on the left is the tent. The gap between them both is the width of a Mars II 400w box.

This is inside the tent (to squash anyone who has vibes)

This is one side of the boxed Rhino on top of the wardrobe.This is the side where the tent is.

This is the other side...

Please don't ask for more photos as I've put it all away, and don't fancy doing that all over again.

If MC is reading this, the camera is Fujifilm Finepixs 5700

HTH

TAT

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-12-16), British green (21-12-16), ganja.lad (21-12-16), ggotch (24-12-16), M_C (21-12-16), The budda (21-12-16), Trex (21-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post

If MC is reading this, the camera is Fujifilm Finepixs 5700

HTH

TAT
    I'll have a look around for you & see what I can find out about it
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (21-12-16), British green (21-12-16), ganja.lad (21-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Thanks, mate, but don't worry if you can't. I cannot even do a Windows update, even though it's a legal version of it.
    It never allowed me to just plug the lead in and download. The software had to be installed first.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

British green (21-12-16), M_C (21-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Ok if your venitlator is making whilsting sounds aspie . I would try and up your piping size . You may be restricting her . . Do you have an intake hole in your tent ?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

British green (21-12-16), M_C (21-12-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Right.... the camera accepts a SD memory card (I assume that you don't have one?) The card can be taken from the camera & inserted into a card reader (either built into the PC or a stand alone one attached by USB)... my guess would be that you don't have one of them either

Let's get Christmas out of the way & then PM me a reminder as I may have what you need hanging about & if I have then you can have it for free as both items are things that I no longer need....

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

British green (21-12-16), ggotch (24-12-16), Trex (21-12-16)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Ok if your venitlator is making whilsting sounds aspie . I would try and up your piping size . You may be restricting her . . Do you have an intake hole in your tent ?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    Hi mate,
    It's already (I think) a 6 inch - maybe 5 inch ducting, and it is a small tent (60x60) It near damn well killed me putting the thing together. Due to the lack of room in here, I had to make it downstairs with the cats out of the way.

Fibreglass and shit had to be cleaned up before I could take it upstairs, which wasn't easy in my condition. I nearly passed out twice putting the box on to the wardrobe and into the tent. I'll do anything not to have to mess about with it again.

I did lift the left side of the ducting where the air is expelled, and it appeared to make it quieter. I will redo that test in the early hours when the lights are out, and things are more quiet.

If it is quieter, then I am going to figure out a way to keep it there. I am not allowed to drill into the ceiling or the walls, so it''ll have to be propped up from underneath somehow.

Right.... the camera accepts a SD memory card (I assume that you don't have one?) The card can be taken from the camera & inserted into a card reader (either built into the PC or a stand alone one attached by USB)... my guess would be that you don't have one of them either

Let's get Christmas out of the way & then PM me a reminder as I may have what you need hanging about & if I have then you can have it for free as both items are things that I no longer need....
    Hi mate,
    Correct, I don't have one, and correct again, I don't have one of those either.

That's jolly decent of you mate. A good egg you are. I'll have to take a look at the back of the PC sometime to see if there's a spare USB port. I have a feeling there isn't.

Take care
    TAT

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

happyjack (23-12-16), M_C (22-12-16), Trex (22-12-16)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast