Thread: Can I move an indoor flowering photo plant outdoors??

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,174 Times
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: Can I move an indoor flowering photo plant outdoors??

As the title says I'm considering to move my indoor photoperiodic plant outdoors. Currently she is on day 29 of flowering, supposedly this Sweet Russian needs 50-55 days of flowering so lets say she needs another 5 weeks just to be safe.

The current day length at my location is 14h and 34m and it's reducing at a about a minute a day at the moment and in august it starts to reduce at a rate of two minutes a day.

If I move my plant outside now how big will the risk of re-vegging be?

Why move her you ask? Well first of it will obviously safe a bit of electricity, with the emphasis on a bit which brings me to the next point and that is that outside the buds will receive much more light and likely fatten up more.

2. "In my experience, your plant will probably go into re-veg if moved outside at this point. I would consider adding a few minutes onto your indoor light period until it reaches the same as outdoors, then you would have a smaller chance of re-veg. Plants tend to stick in their current modes until they see a significant change in photoperiod. I have found that if you slowly increase the photoperiod, there is a smaller chance of re-veg than if you went from your current indoor schedule to directly outdoors photoperiod. Larger changes seem to trigger re-vegging or even flowering if it is significantly different than the current photoperiod. Keep up the good work... Good Luck!!"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

Bundy75 (06-07-19), GEORGE (06-07-19)

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 4

In my experience, your plant will probably go into re-veg if moved outside at this point. I would consider adding a few minutes onto your indoor light period until it reaches the same as outdoors, then you would have a smaller chance of re-veg. Plants tend to stick in their current modes until they see a significant change in photoperiod. I have found that if you slowly increase the photoperiod, there is a smaller chance of re-veg than if you went from your current indoor schedule to directly outdoors photoperiod. Larger changes seem to trigger re-vegging or even flowering if it is significantly different than the current photoperiod. Keep up the good work... Good Luck!!

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimster For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (06-07-19), GEORGE (06-07-19), Herbitual (06-07-19), Mr.Grits (06-07-19), M_C (06-07-19), Shreder (08-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimster View Post
    In my experience, your plant will probably go into re-veg if moved outside at this point. I would consider adding a few minutes onto your indoor light period until it reaches the same as outdoors, then you would have a smaller chance of re-veg. Plants tend to stick in their current modes until they see a significant change in photoperiod. I have found that if you slowly increase the photoperiod, there is a smaller chance of re-veg than if you went from your current indoor schedule to directly outdoors photoperiod. Larger changes seem to trigger re-vegging or even flowering if it is significantly different than the current photoperiod. Keep up the good work... Good Luck!!
    Thanks Jimster,
    Yes I guess the difference between inside and outside is still a bit too big and not worth risking a move right now. What I could do is slowly increase the lights on by 15 minutes, the increments on my timer, and then in 3 weeks or so when outside it's at 14h10m daylight move them outside. But that is a lot of hassle and risk for a not much gain so I think it's better to just leave this one inside.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (06-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times
    Provided Answers: 105

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Cleargreen View Post
    As the title says I'm considering to move my indoor photoperiodic plant outdoors. Currently she is on day 29 of flowering, supposedly this Sweet Russian needs 50-55 days of flowering so lets say she needs another 5 weeks just to be safe.

The current day length at my location is 14h and 34m and it's reducing at a about a minute a day at the moment and in august it starts to reduce at a rate of two minutes a day.

If I move my plant outside now how big will the risk of re-vegging be?

Why move her you ask? Well first of it will obviously safe a bit of electricity, with the emphasis on a bit which brings me to the next point and that is that outside the buds will receive much more light and likely fatten up more.

Better to keep inside because you are already in flowering. Out side you have ever kind of bug in the world to deal with and you need to be in veg stage when having to do that. Good luck, she is looking super dude.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (06-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,434 Times
    Provided Answers: 4

Default Can I move an indoor flowering photo plant outdoors??

Move it outside 12hours a day and back in the tent for darkness . I would slowly get it use to outside you do risk pests but the lighting is fantastic.lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 420Rancher For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (06-07-19), GEORGE (07-07-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 420Rancher View Post
    Move it outside 12hours a day and back in the tent for darkness . I would slowly get it use to outside you do risk pests but the lighting is fantastic.lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Too much work mate, I'm already swamped with things to do in the morning and the couple hours before sundown.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cleargreen For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-07-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,941 Times
    Provided Answers: 23

You got your answer here mate but hey thats a nice looking plant

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shreder For This Useful Post:

Cleargreen (09-07-19), GEORGE (08-07-19)