Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is is calcium deficiency?

Thanks

Default Is is calcium deficiency?

Hello ! Hope you guys alright and you're having a good day!
    I have 3.2 x 3.2 grow tent
    HLG 550 RSPEC light (I've decreased power to 330W)
    Willma hydroponics - 4 x 18l - using clay pebbles + rockwool as grow medium. I put drippers in the corner of the rockwool cube, so they can water cube as well (don't know that is a good idea, but plants doesn't looks like overwatered)

I using canna aqua set. I have 30l water and Canna Aqua A + B, Cannazym, Rhizotonic at the moment - I've dose exactly how canna uk calculator is saying.
    I keep PH 5.5 till yesterday, today I increased it for 6.0. Seems PH going up itself everyday for around 0.2 and I have to use PH down to decrease it, which is alright I think as plants feeding.
    Yesterday I start running water pumps for 2min every 2h before that was 10min / 1 hour

Temp I running 26-28 C (I would have 24-26 C, but guy from who I bought light recommend me to run a bit more temp)
    Humidity - 60-70% (Today I forgot change water in humidifier and was really low for a bit - therefore could be around 35 in picture, but it was only today for 1-1.5 h)
    EC - 1.2

And 4 lovely girls: Pinneapple Chunk, Cookies Kush, Morning Glory, Blueberry OG
    All controlled by my raspberry pi bot

Today is 14 day and yesterday I spot something wrong happens with Pineapple Chunk leafs - they have a brown spots. I suspect that is a calcium deficiency which was caused by low ph I had before ? Do you think increase it will help ? - if no do you recommend me to add some cal-mag into water reservoir together with nutrients? I also have a feeling that the plants could go up better a bit and maybe they missing something too ? ;-)
    What do you guys think? In attached photo there is a whole in the leaf - it is something I made by mistake.

Thank you very much in advance for all advices. Have a great evening!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3138.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	377329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3140.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	377330
    Last edited by JimmyG; 19-11-19 at 10:54 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), Trex (19-11-19)

Thanks

Mate

They look hungry but I could be wrong, I’ve been growing in a Wilma for a couple of years now and I reckon you should up the ec a little. On the mag issues give them a spray see how it goes.

Good luck

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WWBB For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), JimmyG (19-11-19), Trex (19-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Cut those nutes way down pal .

1.2 way too high . .6-.7 should be plenty

Ph 5.7

Give em a calmag foliar once a week too

Super OG Kush & Sour Diesel Journal
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), Murdock (30-11-19), M_C (29-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WWBB View Post
    Mate

They look hungry but I could be wrong, I’ve been growing in a Wilma for a couple of years now and I reckon you should up the ec a little. On the mag issues give them a spray see how it goes.

Good luck
    Thanks mate, Actually I found on canna nutrient table that Total EC should be 1.5 - however I thought the 1.5 is maximum level of EC I should have, no that I should have 1.5 in total. I will add more nutrients. What do you think about adding the calmag to nutrients?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Cut those nutes way down pal .

1.2 way too high . .6-.7 should be plenty

Ph 5.7

Give em a calmag foliar once a week too
    Thank you sir for your answer. I will have 5.7 PH now.

Can I add cal-mag directly to other nutrients? It will also increase EC as I suspect ?

I wondering why you asking me to have EC 0.6-0.7 as my water actually has 0.4 - I wouldn't be able to add to much nutrients to it anyway ? I also found that nutrient producer saying that total EC could be 1.5, so i think i can have 1.2 and probably i could increase it? What do you think?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hello, so just for update:

I make PH 5.7 in reservoir
    I've bought Magne-Cal from Plant-Magic and put 25ml to reservoir
    Now EC is 1.5

Will see what will happens with plans in next couple of days. Thanks you guys for advance.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    Hello, so just for update:

I make PH 5.7 in reservoir
    I've bought Magne-Cal from Plant-Magic and put 25ml to reservoir
    Now EC is 1.5

Will see what will happens with plans in next couple of days. Thanks you guys for advance.
    Off to a nice start.
    With most nute lines, calmag needs to be added first unless using silica then silica first followed by calmag then the rest. Something to do with how they mix. Adding calmag to an existing soup can prevent it from mixing properly.
    Nute suppliers tend to overstate the required EC to get you to use more of the product. At this stage 0.6 is what you want. With a background of 0.4 your aim is 1.0
    Have you looked up a water report for your locality? At 0.4 you might already have all the calcium and magnesium that you need. It helps to know what you are starting with.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-11-19), JimmyG (20-11-19), Jingo (30-11-19)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CityDweller View Post
    Off to a nice start.
    With most nute lines, calmag needs to be added first unless using silica then silica first followed by calmag then the rest. Something to do with how they mix. Adding calmag to an existing soup can prevent it from mixing properly.
    Nute suppliers tend to overstate the required EC to get you to use more of the product. At this stage 0.6 is what you want. With a background of 0.4 your aim is 1.0
    Have you looked up a water report for your locality? At 0.4 you might already have all the calcium and magnesium that you need. It helps to know what you are starting with.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Cheers, for letting me know. Looks like now I need to change whole reservoir and do that again ;-) - as I add calmag to existing soup . I will try add less nutrients now to achieve 1 EC.
    I basically buying water in shop in bottles , it has following details:
    PH 7.4, Calcium < 55mg / litre , Magnesium < 16mg Litre, It has some other stuff too, don't know is worth to mention..
    Do you think is still worth add Cal-MAg? I've adding Canna Aqua A, which has some Cal and Mag as well.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), Jingo (30-11-19)

Thanks

So,
    what I did is:
    I've reduced EC to 1.0 - I've add 12-5l of water more, I stir and then reduced 10l from reservoir.
    PH 5.7

I didn't change whole thing yet, will wait 24h and see if there is improvement if no I will replace whole thing and add calmag first as you suggest - or maybe it won't be necessary ?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JimmyG For This Useful Post:

CityDweller (20-11-19), GEORGE (20-11-19), Jingo (30-11-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 50,169 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    Cheers, for letting me know. Looks like now I need to change whole reservoir and do that again ;-) - as I add calmag to existing soup . I will try add less nutrients now to achieve 1 EC.
    I basically buying water in shop in bottles , it has following details:
    PH 7.4, Calcium < 55mg / litre , Magnesium < 16mg Litre, It has some other stuff too, don't know is worth to mention..
    Do you think is still worth add Cal-MAg? I've adding Canna Aqua A, which has some Cal and Mag as well.
    You should have enough calmag. I would leave it out and watch the plants. Mag and cal deficiency are easy to spot most of the time.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CityDweller For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (20-11-19), JimmyG (20-11-19), Jingo (30-11-19)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast