Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What causes different Marijuana highs

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlowBack View Post
    So are we saying , THC alone gives the same effect regardless of strain but it’s the actual mix of other cannabinoids that gives you the various types of highs .
    yeap thats it , THC is just thc regardless of where its found , That said thc starts life as THCA and is turned THC when we smoke / decarb it , ( not sure thca is our freind )

Its a magic mix of all the Cannabinoid's working together that give the good effects along with the Terpenes.

Terpenes are probs massively underrated in cannabis as we already know how many other medications can be made using terpenes
    Last edited by MrEnigma; 21-11-18 at 09:18 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

BlowBack (21-11-18), GEORGE (21-11-18), toblue (21-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

I have no idea what makes strains different. My smoking experience before growing was mainly Moroccan Hash which I loved sadly now not available.

I always thought weed was weed, how wrong could I be. To be truthful I think many of the seed breeders accounts of how the smoke will affect you are quite accurate.

My problem is sleeping or not. Only a few strains put me to sleep even some pure indica can have my mind racing.

Might try some GDP next run as I am told this is knock out.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-11-18), lipnobody (23-11-18)

Thanks

Do we know much the about effects of specific combinations of thc/cannabinoids/terpenes etc .
    For example : What combo triggers happiness , which triggers dry mouth, laughing, paranoia or dizziness effects etc .

Can we yet pinpoint the exact ratios and mixes or the compounds for specific desired effects .

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlowBack For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (21-11-18), GEORGE (21-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 28,825 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BlowBack View Post
    Do we know much the about effects of specific combinations of thc/cannabinoids/terpenes etc .
    For example : What combo triggers happiness , which triggers dry mouth, laughing, paranoia or dizziness effects etc .

Can we yet pinpoint the exact ratios and mixes or the compounds for specific desired effects .
    I'll send you a link via PM that I think will interest you, mate.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WhIpLaSh For This Useful Post:

BlowBack (21-11-18), Dr Green (21-11-18), GEORGE (21-11-18), lipnobody (23-11-18)

Thanks

Cheers buddy ��

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlowBack For This Useful Post:

Dr Green (21-11-18), GEORGE (21-11-18)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toblue View Post
    I have no idea what makes strains different. My smoking experience before growing was mainly Moroccan Hash which I loved sadly now not available.

I always thought weed was weed, how wrong could I be. To be truthful I think many of the seed breeders accounts of how the smoke will affect you are quite accurate.

My problem is sleeping or not. Only a few strains put me to sleep even some pure indica can have my mind racing.

Might try some GDP next run as I am told this is knock out.
    if you want knock out i highly recommend dinafem gorilla . ive just harvested x6 plants for around 30oz , and 1 joint will smash your face in lol , defo the strongest smoke ive ever had and it puts me to sleep every day since i started smoking it , Even feel asleep as the laptop a few times lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrEnigma For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (22-11-18)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Imho . I dont think its the thc alone that givez the high .

Ive smoked some 15% stuff and 25% stuff and some of the lower % ones knocked me out solidly . All in the oils and the terps also . Its much more then just thc . Theres 1000+ different compounds in these plants tbh and just breeding to get higher thc and breeding out the other good stuff aint good .

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

BlowBack (23-11-18), GEORGE (22-11-18), lipnobody (23-11-18)

Thanks

I’ve been doing a bit more research on this , it’s a minefield and a lot more complex than first thought . There’s a lot they don’t know regarding the effects of the many different cannabis compounds.
    All very interesting .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlowBack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-11-18)

Thanks

It's definitely more than just THC and CBD isn't it? The different essential oils and other cannabanoids make such a difference to the experience. One day we might figure it all out instead of randomly mish mashing strains together to make them easier and more profitable to grow.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahnya For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-08-19)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2